1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Scott must be a blind LOF to make such a crazy statement like that. I suspect when this is all said and done, many fans on this site will realize that Lin wasn't the biggest problem, it was McHale's coaching. PGs seem to flourish after leaving McHale's (Harden isolation based) system.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Which point guards would those be? Toney Douglas? Scott Machado? Maybe Aaron Brooks? Those are the only 3 point guards besides Lin who have left here since both McHale and Harden have been with the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Lie. Look up Dragic's numbers when he started under McHale. Nobody claims McHale is some coaching genius but it's obvious you LOFs would prefer to trash McHale than hold Lin accountable for his play.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Center with elite defense rebounding for 15m=Teams bidding to get him offering their own picks and not asking for anything like picks =not trash

Mediocre point guard=no one wants unless a pick is included = trash

Sorry but the truth hurts

Think of it like two items morey put on garage sale

One item some ones willing to pay for even if maintenance is expensive because it's elite at 2 things and it's very rare = very valuable = not trash

The other item no ones willing to pay for unless he gets another free item because maintenance too expensive, very mediocre at everything, very common = negative value = trash

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol. Thank you

6. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Keep watching your WNBA, because you are a dumbass when it comes to men's basketball. I would argue that Brooks did fine on Denver last year. I would also argue that Dragic played at almost an all-star level last year and that was not the case with McHale. I believe he averaged several more points a game with Phoenix. By your rationale, you are a MOF.....McHale Only Fan. You are too dumb to realize that it is possible to like more than one player on the team and I have been a member of this fan site prior to Lin being in the NBA. I'll do a thread on Cynthia Cooper and then you can be the authoritative figure you think you are.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol.

Dragics post all star numbers 2012 for Houston where he started 26/32 games his line was...

16.3/3.3/7.3 with a TS% of .594 on 12 shots per game with a 22.1 usage%

Last year Dragics line...

20.3/3.2/5.9 with a TS% of .604 on 14.4 shots per game with a 24.5 usage %

Awfully similar. Just more time with the ball and a couple more shots.

8. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Sounds like a real MOF......just kidding of course. I don't make blanket statements about people based on not trashing a coach or player. There is merit to your logic about Dragic, but I would counter with more time on the floor as a starter this year Lin may jump a few points as well. He is not a Rocket, so I will be rooting against him. You think he will be hated by the Lakers fans, while I fear that we are going to see the national media (especially ESPN) jump all over anything he does well and stuff it down our throats. Do remember that he has scored 40 pts in a game against the Spurs and has that capability on certain nights. He is inconsistent for sure, but not total trash.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't view him as trash. He's an ok player. He should never be a focal point on offense. He is capable of stepping up, but you can't expect that all the time.

Of course the media will take extra joy whenever he has a good game, but it doesn't mean anything when you go off and your team sucks. Well certain fans will care, but winning trumps all for most NBA consumers.

Lins problem was not McHale. His problem was James Harden is way better than him and therefor did not deserve more opportunity. He should get more opportunity in LA, but I wouldn't expect a lot more.

Dragic and Lowry both showed stretches of All star play while under McHale. Lowrys stretch was ended by injury which gave Dragic his chance to shine. They left and were given a bigger role so their numbers popped, but they didn't just all of a sudden discover all star ability because they were removed from McHale.

10. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

Agree....they performed fine for McHale and performed even better when given more of an opportunity. The same could be said for Brooks and will likely occur as well for Lin. I am admittingly biased for Brooks as he was always one of my favorite Rockets and I was pissed when he was traded for Hamilton last year (and wrote a thread about it). Morey has made many good moves over the years, but recently has made some real duds.

11. WinkFan

It's the same story for Lowry. His numbers as a starter with Houston in 11-12 are almost the same as his numbers last year.

The thing that held Dragic and Lowry back was that we had both of them.

12. vlaurelio

Having brooks and Lin means less minutes and opportunities for both who would you rather let go? Or are you saying you'd rather let go of pbev?

13. calcium

calcium Member

I see the hate remains strong long after the player has left.

You guys need to learn to let go. You'll feel better for it. Trust me.

I like Lin. He works and tries hard.

He makes mistakes and he's admitted as such.

So why the hate?

He'll play like he plays. Whether good or bad, I dont
    think speculating on how well he will or will not changes nix.

What will happen will happen.

Did I solve anything here? :)

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

should've kept Dragic :(:(:( I will be sad til the end of time

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

True ^^^

but Morey can't be correct 100% of the time. We just have to find another gem.

16. Neped

Neped Member

I think the hate is toward his fans, who think he can do no wrong. But I think if Lin plays really well on the Lakers team there will be less hate for him and more of an admiration for him.

17. vince

vince Member

Morey does what the boss says. Alexander wanted Lin. So Morey went against his own instinct and signed Lin. Remember this was a time there were no other superstars on the team. Who would have expected the Harden trade back then.

Morey was probably setting up the team for the lottery when OKC gave them Harden!

18. WinkFan

I agree, although I'd get over it if we actually made it to legitimate contention.

19. vlaurelio

Yep be disgusted at Morey and les thinking that Lin is at the same level with dragic or lowry

20. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

I would have started Brooks and had Bev as backup PG and Lin as backup SG. Asik as backup C. With the emergence of Daniels, it would have eventually forced a trade. I am irrational when it comes to Brooks, as I tend to focus too much on his great offense and overlook his subpar defense. I liked him the best of the three guards we had.