1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

thanks for the insight as always! but can you give any sort of time frame at all when this goes down? I know we're waiting on bledsoe but still...

2. bmd

bmd Member

True, but stuff would happen like that before the internet. The problem then is that there was no way to easily find out it's wrong.

Now, with 5 minutes of research if I typed in something about vaccines and autism, I'd get the whole story.

People can choose what they want to believe. But it's much harder to keep people ignorant.

3. Bob Barker 007

In my opinion, his defense is not great, and while it may improve, he is not ready to be placed in the starter's role. Also, we cannot play small ball all the time. Adrien is much too short to be playing significant time against the bigs in the West. There is no guarantee we will make a trade for a PF. What do we do if it's DMo and Adrien backing him up? I don't see that as being a positive for this team.

4. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Dmo has shown to be a bust so far and nothing shows he will not be so in the future. The team can't keep looking to the future based on hope. I also doubt Morey is going to feel the roster is set at the 4 with Dmo.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, I'm pretty sure we'll bring in another 4 to help DMo as he makes the leap this year.

And I've never been a fan of "smallball"....If you've got the personnel, make the other team adjust to you. That said, we need to have the versatility to go that route if necessary.

Look, Bob...Contrary to what cyberx says, this isn't the roster that we're going to war with.

I believe most of your concerns will be alleviated by opening tip.

6. Bob Barker 007

Well Plowman, I guess we will just see what happens. :cool:

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I do think DMo's D is underrated.....so long as he can stop fouling. He's shown good intensity on D, and he has the footwork to be a good PnR defender, which is exactly what we need next to Dwight.

As Plowman pointed out, DMo will need some help (assuming you think he's the long term answer). It's got to be someone you can get cheap. Maybe Ilyasova.

8. bmd

bmd Member

Sorry if this has been answered... but is this your opinion or is this what you are hearing from somebody in the know? (Or are you yourself somebody in the know?)

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, I can't wait to see what our team looks like come opening tip. This is exciting! :grin:

10. onreego

onreego Member

How is a 20th pick a bust?

If he breaks the rotation at all, it's a fairly successful pick. If he develops into a solid rotational player on a contending team then that's even better.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

There are DEFINITELY still people who think this story is true.

12. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

That's right kiddies, don't always believe the hype :p

13. traveler

traveler Member

lol

He has not done so though. He can have all the potential in the world but ultimately he has to perform. Every chance he has been given he has been underwhelming to say the least. There is no way that Morey will trade TJ away unless it is for a upgrade at the 4. Morey wil not risk DMo being the starter until he proves himself he is one. So far he has been a bust.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He hasn't gotten enough run to be declared a bust. I'm fine with D Mo at the starting 4 it it means were getting Dragic

15. delishman

delishman Member

Plowman just went all in.

#PLOWTIME

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'll add to that at least a 30% 3-pt shot too...

17. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

to plowman, any updates re: the lead assistant of the great KMac? are we hiring someone for the coaching staff?

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Wait ... 38% from downtown?

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah, I don't know where Plowman's overhyping of D-Mo comes from.

20. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I myself am buying into the DMo hype.

7 footer that can shoot, play the post, defend reasonably well. His only real issue is that he fouls too much.

We all know that big men take longer to develop than guards. If he did end up starting at the 4, he would thrive from the open corner 3s and layups he'll get due to everyone worrying about Harden and Howard. Just look at TJones last season, some games he was getting 30 points, mainly from fast breaks and cleanups.

I am totally behind Plowman's comments about DMo that in the next year or 2 he'll be a legitimate starter on a playoff team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.