1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

November 22: The Return of Chandler Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

This one. AND add the fact that he signed a contract as soon as possible, meaning he didn't give a s--t about giving the Rockets the time they needed (despite saying he wanted to stay all along). He forced us to rush everything because of that stupid deadline to match.

That's why people here are mad at him. It's all about execution and while Morey wasn't perfect in this situation, Parsons was worse.

2. Know Your Role

Rockets should come up with the 'Parsons Rules' like the Bad Boys did in Detroit.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We did not betray or disrespect him. He thought he was worth more than he actually was and we correctly let him go.

1 person likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That role player is going role us up

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thank you so much for telling it how it is in such a short post :)... I love you now.... Rep

6. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Should've matched. He played like an All-Star for us and got us Howard.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Never heard of him

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm sorry, who is you be talkin 'bout:confused:

9. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

22 and 9. 22 shots, 9 points.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets should just leave him open and watch him brick threes all day. Just don't fall for the slow pump fake!

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'll be interested to see if he will have learned to dress like an adult by then.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Mrs. Chanandler Bong? We still talking about this?

13. King901

King901 Member

lol....Are you his brother?

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I have no problems with him signing a contract as soon as possible. Look, at the end of the day, he has to look out for himself. Seeing how easily players can get injured he would be stupid not to.

But what makes me not like him is his diva attitude after he signed and all the other crap he started to say.

15. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Nah I just don't hate a guy who helped us get to the playoffs two years straight, played his ass off, recruited Dwight and got paid peanuts for his services.

Are you a woman?

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He had a rookie contract and the Rockets did him a solid for letting him out of it early. If you think this was ever about the money you're wrong. I guarantee you it was the trade kicker and the player option that kept him from being matched. Who cares anyways? He's gone, let's move on.

17. PeppermintCandy

It's weird to me how many fans seem still hung up on Parsons. IMO he doesn't seem to warrant such resentment, but I guess it's the offseason.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To think that his money doubles that of Shane Battier's highest check is crazy to me.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that doesn't want to be a Houston Rocket garners my resentment.

20. PeppermintCandy

I guess, but I think Parsons would have been perfectly happy to stay in Houston had Morey decided to match Dallas' offer.

So yeah, the whole "being offended" thing and the media attention is a little annoying, but it's really non-news, so who cares?

Personally, I'm invested in seeing what Morey will do about upgrading the PF spot and whether the guys on the second unit can somehow make an impact. I honestly care very little about how Parsons may fare as a Maverick, except for when Dallas and Houston cross paths in the playoffs.