1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Rockets have a trade up their sleeves?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZomgZ, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Trade coming soon?

1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No

80 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Unsure

41 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

We do know that Morey has recently stated that he believes they'll be a significantly better team by the time the playoffs come around - I read into that as saying he will have trade pieces available for a big trade by the trade deadline. So yes, there probably WILL be a significant trade..however it may not come for several months

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you give them a whole season, of course there will be a trade. How long can a team go without making trades? Plus, Morey has basically said he would when he said they'd be better by playoff time -- he's targetting a deadline trade. But, I don't think the Papa contract is a very significant piece of the puzzle. He signed a big contract so he can afford to pay the buyout to come over. The Rockets can decline the second year and offer a cheaper contract after the season. Of course, his contract does have the secondary purpose that it can help match salaries. That might be part of the reason it's worth our while to sign him. But, I still think the main reason his salary is what it is is that he couldn't come over without money for the buyout.

3. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

My sources have confirmed the Rockets will make a trade in the next 48 months. I can't reveal where I get my information, he could lose his job, but, He says if not 48 months then definitely 72 months. It will be a player who plays one of the 5 positions or possibly a tweener. I can tell you the team name ends with "S" to help narrow it down even further. No need to start a new thread for this or thank me for sharing. Just want to keep everyone updated with the latest 411. Please don't flame me if this doesn't happen but praise me like the King of Sheba if it does!!

4. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I don't think we will see a trade until the mid-season deadline

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Damn, I guess that means Oladipo is out.

6. izeroi

izeroi Member

Can a mod just combine this thread with that obnoxious Cyberex thread? It's practically the same thing. This will hit the same amount of pages as that one in no time.

7. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, this.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I'm an Aries, by the way.

9. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

There's a good post. And who knows what they're planning with all of their time.

10. biojayc

biojayc Member

That just brought back so many memories... to be a child again..

11. StevieCrossover

Formula: Assets +/- Players Value + Daryl Morey Formula= Trade

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

I would love Nate Robinson if healthy. Hes a great scoring punch off the bench and steps his game up in big playoff games

13. lamj

lamj New Member

let's go bledsoe!

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Rumors are also flying around from Rockets camp that the player they're pursuing is either black or a guy from Europe. Sources won't give me a name, but the guy they wants between 5'10" and 7'6".

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Future, yes. Right now? no

16. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Morey runs the show here. There is always a trade "up his sleeve".

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

18. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Don't know but if he does trade I hope he gets something in return. Unlike this offseason.