1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This is exactly right. Harden's highest ever usage is 29%, without Howard. Kobe hasn't had a usage that low since 99-00, not counting last year's 6 game. Kobe hasn't taken less than 20 FGA since 03-04.

Unless Kobe is very limited, he's going to shoot much more than Harden does.

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Yeah but Kobe is also known for his high bball IQ on the court. When he came back from injury last year and demanded the ball and shot like crap for 1-2 games, he told the media that he's playing like horsesh!t and there's no excuse for his poor play. He said something along the lines of he'll focus on something he can do well. Then in the next big batch of games or so, he let Marshall do all the decision making and he focused purely on playing good defence and passing. So if Kobe actually demands the ball, he's probably in pretty good shape which means the Lakers are back in playoff contention IMO.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You guys are probably right. In those limited games he played last season, Kobe became a distributor and racked up the assists. The only problem was that he needed to dominate the ball to allow it to happen. Perhaps he'll shoot more now that he's healthier.

Lin better work on his spot-up shooting, lol ;)

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

They aren't making the playoffs no matter how healthy Kobe is. 10-11th best team in the west tops.

And I have a pretty good feeling all the people thinking Lin has moved to a team where he will get all the shots he needs could be in for a rude awakening. He will for sure get more time to make plays for others compared to Houston, but I just don't see his shot attempts going up by much at all.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Many people have said its messed up to dunk on my mom. All i have to say is, she was in the paint...</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/497527298489593856">August 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol high IQ, that explains all those ridiculous shots he attempts

7. New

Having more Asiks does not mean more assists:)

8. New

And made:cool:

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Someone with a high BBall IQ goes 17-47. Kobe is gonna try super hard to win scoring champ or a championship (which probly won't happen.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A Lin fan had to WIKI what the Rockets playoff runs were before Lin.
    Apparently they have to WIKI who KOBE is too

11. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't even know why you need to argue with me on this. It's a pretty well known fact around the league that Kobe has high bball IQ. He's not one of the greatest player for no reason. He takes volume shots when he's feeling healthy. Whether he makes the shot or not is another story. What's the point in bringing up his bad games?

James Harden shot worst in the playoffs, does that mean he has low bball IQ? No, in fact I regard him as one of the highest bball IQ player in the league right now the way he draws contact and get to the line, the way he decides when to do a step back, when to take a 3 and when to dish a dime.

12. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

29 pages is a lot about a lottery team =/

13. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Um... Kobe and Kendall Marshall never shared the court together

14. PatBeverleyFan

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="fr"><p>Jeremy Lin will get his own wax figure at Madam Tussauds in San Francisco next Thursday (21st)</p>&mdash; Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricPincus/statuses/499313435641790465">12 Août 2014</a></blockquote>

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

which will be higher?

his FG percentage or PPG?

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Looks like Lin's first game for Los Angeles is going to be against the Rockets.

17. calcium

calcium Member

I think the Rockets should win that pretty comfortably.

Unless Kobe's all healthy again, and Boozer plays like his Jazz days
    or Lin goes into Bezerker mode. Then it'd be competitive.
    Oh, and it depends on who Harden is guarding.
    Assuming he plays D like season 13-14.

I dont think Nash can do much damage at this stage of his career.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Nash is a complete non factor now. Dude is just breaking down at a rediculous rate, not his fault, it happens.

It's a shame because it wasn't even a few years ago he was still playing at a very high level even as a 38 year old PG.

19. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Adidas Crazy 8 "Jeremy Lin PE" in Ketchup and Mustard

I'm not sure why they would still release this shoe, but I guess they probably already started production. I guess it's also called the "China" colorway because it matches the colors of the flag of China.

For some reason I have a craving for hot dogs...

20. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

And let the mass hysteria and crazy conspiracy theories begin...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Byron Scott says Nash, Kobe, Boozer, Hill are penciled in as starters. Lin and Randle off the bench. <a href="http://t.co/k4f2J0B69v">http://t.co/k4f2J0B69v</a></p>&mdash; Silver Screen &amp; Roll (@LakersBlog_SSR) <a href="https://twitter.com/LakersBlog_SSR/status/509731251142791168">September 10, 2014</a></blockquote>