1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. I think Dream was a combination of both finesse and power. I've personally played against Shaquille Oneal several times and his game was completely and totally all power, he's a monster. Hakeem was probably the most complete center in the history of the game and doesn't get the true credit he deserves IMO.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is where you're going wrong. Kareem, Hakeem, and KG are the definition of big men with finesse and the antithesis of soft. If Dwight had finesse he'd be a top three player in the league. When a player is soft, it's because of exactly that and not any level of finesse in their game. If you connote "finesse" with "soft" it's only because you don't know any better.

3. Airdough

Airdough Member

A few notes:

What's missing from the Hakeem assessment is more the transformation from Phi Slamma Jamma Akeem to the World Championship Hakeem. When he came into the league, he was a "pass me the ball and I will dunk over 4 dudes kind of player" (paraphrasing Robert Reid), to a player who developed a mid-range jumper and a myriad of other low post moves to make up for being smaller than most of the other centers in the NBA.

He is the best example of how a big man can adapt his game for longevity and success. A 7 game matchup I would have loved to have seen would have been an in his prime Sabonis versus an in his prime Hakeem. Pure basketball genius and wizardy would have been off the charts.

On the player acquisition front, Zeller is not a meh player. If Dragic/Blesdoe can't be had, then looking for upgrades that might be cast away from their teams on the cheap is very worthwhile much like the Thomas Robinson trade. He might not have worked (mainly because I am not sure he is anything more than an athlete) but you make those moves 10 out of 10 times because when you hit, you hit really big.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dwight has been trying to add finesse to his game over the last year. He knows that the only way he can extend his career is to learn multiple ways of playing the game. I think Hakeem said he has even been working on a jumper.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This thread has all-timer potential. Enes Kanter? Cody Zeller? WTF? Keep it going!

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Geez that guys face just pisses me off lol

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's kind of amazing how much he looks like that dude from East Bound and Down.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Longest thread eva!

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You're just jealous of his low hair line, and his triple chin. :p

11. TBrown

TBrown Member

I see no chin, sir

12. delishman

delishman Member

Plowman, your Kanter love is your own correct? Not part of the longer PG trade which will verify DREW.

#PlowWithPlowman #FarmTillSundown

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Sauces?

14. Milk Haiir

Milk Haiir Member

He meant on NBA2K.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

We should just get rondo and call it a day.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#basketballholicdreamsofZellerandKanter

#PlowmanSTILLfockassedonaGRR8PGcoMING

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

<strike>Dragic</strike>, Rajon Rondo, Ricky Rubio :grin:

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I can't believe my post went completely ignored :p

Seems like a major development, if you're still a Drewliever.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think I have reconciled with this thread. Once I realized it is purely a running commentary on the Clutchfans collective, it became infinitely more palatable.

Long live Cybersex!

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Greg Monroe has informed Pistons he will sign qualifying offer and Eric Bledsoe is considering doing same with Suns: <a href="http://t.co/b5HMmUUlSq">http://t.co/b5HMmUUlSq</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/statuses/499336966115438593">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.