1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I may lose my dog tonight :(

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Damn. Sorry to hear this. Your dog is beautiful. Hope Yoshi pulls through!

2. the shark

the shark Member

Don't beat yourself up about this. You made a decision out of love. Please keep us updated, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Yoshi.

3. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

I'm hoping for the best outcome for you and your dog...

I hear it's a sense of calmness for you and your dog when you put them to sleep though, they feel no pain and happy to be comfortable at last.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

:(:(:(

hope it works out

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope Yoshi pulls through and you get to spend more quality time with him at home.

Please do keep us updated. Thoughts and prayers with you and Yoshi!!

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that. It's extra tough not being able to communicate with them in situations like these.

7. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear this. Wish Yoshi a speedy recovery. I am in my 40's and just got my first dog (a Black Lab puppy) about a year and a half ago. I did not realize how much you can get attached to the little boogers.

Best of luck.

8. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

My condolences. Dogs are more loyal than any human ever will be. Every morning, my uncle arrives early to my house so we can leave for work in my truck. He waits outside. My dog sits quietly keeping an eye on him. As soon as I walk out the door, my dog starks barking towards my uncles direction.

#48 vaioavan63, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I am a robot but that is a tough situation. Much tougher than I expected when I clicked on thread.

10. AXG

AXG Member

Oh man, sorry to hear that. The picture did it for me...

11. SunsRocketsfan

another update..
    I just got back from the vet.. unfortuantely yoshi can not come home tonight :( The doctor said he's a older dog so it's tougher for him. Before he can be cleared to come home the vet said he would need to be able to get up and walk on his own and hold down food.

I asked if I could see him and they said of course. I was afraid we might excite him too much but the vet said he's on some paid meds and a bit sedated although he's awake.

When we walked in his round eyes looked up at us and he instantly used all his energy and raised his head up and started whimpering. He was connected to a EKG and his heart rate started beating faster and faster and he even tried to stand up so we had to hold him down so he wouldnt injure himself.

I didnt stay long since i want him to rest and recover and hopefully he can come home tomorrow morning at the earliest. I'm not sure what i would do when he really is gone. The house already feels so empty. No one to sit and lie by myside while i browse clutchfans or while i'm screaming at the tv during Rocket games.. Just hoping he can come home tomorrow morning now and live out his life peacefully.

Again thanks everyone for all your comments and well wishes.

2 people like this.
  12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

It sucks, when this happens, it makes me sad to even read your posts :(

I was so sad, when my dogs died.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is there a blanket or toy or anything that smells like home that you can give the Vet? They usually will put something in the cage with the puppy. :(

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me offer a schweet dog story while your dog is away.

My dog won't let me scream when watching the Rockets. Or worse, when I watching a game with headphones, so otherwise, the house is silent...then YEAAAAAH or GDAMMIT....blurted for absolutely no reason, from her perspective.

She doesn't know what's up, so will come climb on the couch and my lap and start licking my face to make sure everything is OK. Then squeeze herself between me and the cushions, to monitor me.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hugged Ellie a little closer last night. Thinking about you and Yoshi.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Terrible news, It's tough too lose a loyal friend my prayers.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Any updates bro? Hoping he's okay.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

if he has returned home, you need to buy him a ribeye, sear both sides and let him have at it. at the very least some hamburger patties since the vet bill is so heavy.

19. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I'll pray for Yoshi tonight.

I know what you're going through.

I lost my favorite dog a few months ago.

I was sad for a few minutes.

:/

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

My dog had developed multiple tumors at age 12. I was also debating whether to have her undergo surgery or just to end her suffering. Anyway, I did decide for the surgery, and everything turned out fine. It's been a year later, and she is as energetic as ever. Good luck and I hope your dog also recovers.