1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

Way to throw your teammates under the bus. I guarantee 7-8th seed from the rockets.
    They aren't going to wanna play for the rockets anymore. Regular season superstar and playoff choke artist. This is cringe worthy.

2. Indaface

Indaface Member

Teammates that might be offended by that comment? Truly is the pussification of America that 15 pages have been dedicated to discussion of that.

I'm glad these guys are grown men and professionals who understand there is a job to do and not weak minded people like most of the posters on here.

The fact that some of you think this will affect team chemistry made me spit out my coffee in laughter this morning, thanks for the laugh.

3. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

At least try to play some defense. That ole' crap ain't going to work.

Even I'm getting pissed as a spurs fan. Good way to get your teammates to try hard for you now.

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Because T-mac didn't add, "... because the rest of my teammates are just role players and pieces that can be replaced."

The funny thing is Morey feels compelled to add a third star. I wonder how Harden feels about that?

5. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

It's all on me actually takes the pressure off his teammates. That is something good.

6. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

It never cease to amaze me how opinionated you guys are!

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he has a 6'11 wingspan and he's 6'4 without shoes.

part of the reason he gets to the line so much IS his athleticism. he isnt deceptively quick, he IS quick. You don't blow by defenders like he does without athleticism.

his effort on the defensive end is completely on him. he has all the physical tools to be effective, but his complete apathy whether it being due to the immense offensive load he has to carry due to our charlatan of a head coach or the fact that he just doesn't give a rats bout playing defense is unacceptable from someone who sees themselves as a franchise cornerstone.

he got embarrassed by Wesley FREAKING Matthews in the playoffs and for all the pageantry associated with his all nba rankings, he gets paid max money to perform in the playoffs.

Dwight more than carried his end in the playoffs.
    Robin to Batman shot 37.6%.

Nevertheless, he is young, an offensive force, but patience with this disappearing act in the playoffs will run thin deservedly or not.

8. calcium

calcium Member

HTML:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

But seriously, he's a _very_ good player on offense.
    Just unfortunate he couldnt fire during the playoffs.

9. calcium

calcium Member

Whoops.
    How do you embed videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

10. SPURS

SPURS Rookie

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

As long as they can play full seasons together and be healthy in the playoffs I feel really confident about our chances long term. I never want to go through another "Yao/McGrady Era" of injuries with only one on the court 80% of the time.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Fixed

13. calcium

calcium Member

According to this http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=201935, under stats,
    it says that in season 2013/13 Harden played 73 games at an average of 38 mins
    per game.

I think that is too much and if not fixed, is a recipe for injury.

I remember he had issues with his feet and those types of injury,
    once it happens, takes a long time to heal.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, okay.

Matthews was held below his season averages in most if not all important categories.

I still don't understand why Harden gets so much hate for his playoff performance. Literally the only thing worse than his regular season performance was his shooting percentage. Kept his turnovers down, played much better defense than he did during the regular season, hit many clutch shots, single handedly put us in great position to win games 1 and 4 and rebounded better. He did a better job on Matthews than Jones/Asik did on Aldridge, better than Parsons' job on Batum, and better than Beverley's job on Lillard. He especially played well on the road and was the only guy who could create anything offensively for us, put Dwight in good position to score as well.

But yeah, he shot a poor percentage so he sucks I guess.

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Nice quote for a sig

16. imaginedragons

i must have watched a different playoffs in an alternate universe because those definitely didn't happen

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Harden is just telling the truth here. We will be just fine. In fact, we may even improve from last year's 54 wins.

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Oh no.... Cmon bro! We cant start comparing Steve Francis to Harden because that's just not fair to Harden. Francis was an athletic freak and probably the best fan favorite to ever play. He was the little guy with attitude and hops that was also the leading scorer on a team that sucked major balls..... The Francis days were hopeless and dark. Fun at times yes, but hopeless.... Harden is on another level. Harden is the kind of player that can score in any situation a tons of ways and yes that includes free throws. Harden does not rely on his ability to jump over everyone to dunk the ball and score, he can step back and score. Harden has that extra level, that overdrive gear at the end of games that comes out to put a nail on the coffin of the opposition. I am excited for the upcoming season because of Harden.... Cant remember saying that in The Franchise days.... Harden will learn, lets support him. Our very own star, don't need to swap him for any one else....

19. calcium

calcium Member

I think views like yours are in the minority.

Googling for professional views.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/nba-playoff-disappointmens_n_5248708.html

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2014/05/02/nba-playoffs-disappointing-kevin-durant-james-harden-joakim-noah

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/05/nba-playoff-disappointmens_n_5248708.html

I actually tried reasonably hard to find one that praised him (for
    his playoff performances) but couldnt find any at all.

Regular season? He was a god.

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

jab jab

OK a jab for parsons, ask and u too Lin.

Now Harden has to back it up