1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight says we will be fine without Parsons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pocketrocket81, Jul 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Harden wasn't there mentally.

2. bmd

bmd Member

I don't have a problem at all with Parsons going to the team that pays him the most. I would expect him to.

But he it seems his head is getting too big.

People spoke very highly of Chandler because his value was great. He was way better than his contract.

People wouldn't be speaking nearly as highly if he was getting paid $15 million per year.

Seems he bought into his own inflated hype.

3. kchin

kchin Member

This is garbage. Newsflash basketball involves more than just two people. You like that he's accepting mediocrity. No wonder this city is full of bottom feeders.

4. jdk

jdk Member

5. jdk

jdk Member

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I still believe he was going thru something non basketball related that took his attention I mean he was a totally different player that series

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I love it. The truth 100%

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Harden treating his teammates like assests. What a jerk. He will scare away other players.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he doesn't have the same agent, he doesn't need to sugar coat the way he feels, lol.

10. Lando19

Lando19 Member

Not that he'd say otherwise, but he's right.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Nice find! Probably worth its own thread considering how quiet Harden usually is and how often people here like to imagine what Harden is thinking.

12. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Happy to hear that Dwight and Harden have the right approach.

On another note, where the heck did all the Mavs backers on this board come from? I really think people are overestimating what the Mavs have done.

Make no mistake Parsons is a good player (and he was one of my favorite Rockets), but is he really $10 million better than old man Carter - not to mention all the other talent they let go? Does he really bring as much to the table as Carter, Calderon, Marion, and Dalembert combined because that's what they have lost with this new team.

They now have a team with poor defenders at the 1-4 spots and no one really knows which Tyson Chandler is going to show up at the 5 spot. Dirk is a year older and their bench is....not good.

I think they are going to score a lot of points, but I'm not convinced they could stop my 11-year-old son on defense either.

If they can stay healthy, they've got a shot at the 6th seed. Fantastic.

What exactly am I missing here?

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Fans who praise Harden and Chandler seem to only talk offense. Wonder why.

If Harden isn't "mentally engaged" in the playoffs, it's a huge problem. Was be not mentally engaged vs OKC either? Just admit dude needs to improve his postseason performance.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Glad Dwight is talking like this, but did anyone expect anything different?

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yep... not to mention they gave up significant young assets to the Knicks in the Chandler trade. Cuban is an expert in navigating his team into black holes of mediocrity.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

This just in: Robert Covington says we'll be fine without Parsons. "Didn't need him anyway."

:grin:

No, not really.