1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban screwed Morey? Oh how I hate Cuban now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. alethios

alethios Member

His comments would imply that the Rockets are truly butthurt over losing Parsons Chandler. It is truly Morey that screwed Cuban because he got him to overpay for a pretty-boy role player and screw his chances of signing other decent players.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Bad trade with New York. Overpaid a one-way player with no elite skill ( and can't create his own shot). Libyans aren't giving them plutonium to go back and get 2010 Dirk.

The Rockets have the best shooting guard and center in the league, both under 30. Do the Mavs have the best player at any position? Second best?

#162 dc rock, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's really weird to me that the first thing you heard of of Dallas after Morey didn't match, was Donnie Nelson talking about what a great recruiter Parsons is. I would think that if you sign a max free agent, generally you would hope that the first thing that would come to mind would have to do with actually playing basketball on a basketball court.

In general, I don't want to believe that Cuban would risk having to pay a big contract for an unwanted player just to screw another team, but that little anomaly makes me think otherwise.

I think the thing to do here is stroke Cuban's ego and talk about how he got over. Tell him how big his penis is, metaphorically speaking. Maybe then he turns his attention somewhere else. An ongoing feud hurts both teams. Cuban strikes me as the kind of dumb ass who would drive his own team to ruin just to get back at someone that he feels slighted him.

4. SunsRocketsfan

well Mavs are arguably better than last season .. and they took the Champs to game 7 and gave them the biggest challenge of the playoffs.. Rockets lost to the Blazers in 6, who got run over by the Spurs..

Hmm i'd say they are a lot better than what people on this board give them credit for

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Too late.

6. txn

txn Member

Rockets will get better by the growth of their youth. Dallas might remain the same level for a season or two or they might get worse, as their main guy Dirk is declimbing.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Mavs are arguably worse than last season too. We've talked about how big a contribution they received from the likes of Carter, Calderon, Blair, Marion, and even Dalembert. Combine that with the fact that Harris and Ellis are not young and likely to regress to the mean following their surprising years last year as well. The Mavs were one of the, if not the oldest team in the playoffs last year, and time is not kind to old teams, even if they can surprise the young kids for an extra year here or there. Check out the play of the Boston Celtics the year after they lost in Game 7 to the Lakers in the 2010 Finals.

Add to that Dirk's advanced age, and I have no clue what people are talking about when they say the Mavericks are better this year. It's laughable, honestly. Like, 2013 New Jersey Nets laughable.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Terrible post. They overpaid Chandler, but their overrall roster is currently better than ours lol. Dwight's by far the best center. But Harden's issues on defense and lack of fire in the playoffs makes his superstar title questionable. What the Mavs have is a great TEAM. What we have is one superstar, a borderline star, a decent starting lineup and d-league trash as a bench. If anybody we're screwed

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't worry about Cuban
    Dallas IMO is not a real contender .. . . we are still ahead of them

Rocket River

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I don't know about using playoff series with different teams, considering the game is about matchups, but...

The Mavericks lost four important players (five, with Marion) from that series with the Spurs and one of their FA replacements helped contribute to the Rockets' flameout with his underwhelming performance.

But, you're right, you can argue either way as to whether they're better than last season. We'll see in a few months!

#170 dc rock, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  11. dznutz

dznutz Member

this is just morey's grand scheme to get durant. make the mavs overpay to take out the competition. give away huge contracts to save money. i believe

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you on this. But it doesn't change the fact that Mark Cuban is a ********er and hypocrite. The man did the same things as Morey did with just bigger names and more expensive contracts. Cuban can go F"#& himself. While him and Parsons are playing brokeback Mavs, we'll go steal a ring from them. The millions of Dollars he has spent trading and acquiring over paid players youbwould have thought there would be 6 rings by now. Nope. Just 1.

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Cuban is 100% right. Hell he's saying what 40% of the people on this board are saying.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Mavs will be better if EVERTHING goes right. The problem with the Mavs is they have so many areas that could go wrong.

You listed several, but another is chemistry, especially if there new max player doesn't play at a max level.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You sure about that? There wasn't a recent quote about not wanting to be the team that signed the Chandler Parsons of the world to max contracts?

16. Remii

Remii Member

Tracy was traded here. Moses was a loooong time ago in a different era. The NBA back then wasn't what is today. Howard is the only super star free agent in his prime to come to Texas...

Funny thing is Houston was the best basketball situation for Howard and he didn't have many other options and the Rockets still had to go to Cali and get on their hands and knees and beg him to come.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Steve Nash should thank Cuban for letting him go. D'antoni was the best thing that ever happened to him.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, Cuban is just protecting his guy.

Morey shouldn't have said that though. You don't hear many GM's if any coming out saying something like that, especially considering Morey would have supposedly matched the contract if the Rockets would have got Bosh. He's kinda contradicting himself.

1 person likes this.
  19. dream2franchise

55, 66, 62. That's Tyson Chandlers games played for each of the last three seasons.

He is their LONE defensive player on that squad, and in a matchup against us, he will have his hands full with Dwight.

Who's left to defend?

I think Harden will defend better next season, and we've certainly improved with the addition of Ariza and Beverly will bring it defensively.

We need only worry about stopping Dirk from going Hasselhoff on us, but this team should not make any of the top 5 teams in the West quiver with fear. I don't think Parsons can create enough off the dribble to worry Ariza.

Great coaching will get them to the playoffs, but they will need a lot of luck health wise to be a championship contender.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If I had to guess, he was probably under the assumption that Houston had no other alternatives, Deng wanted to stay east, Lance wanted to be the primary wing creator and Ariza probably told him that he'd rather stay with his own team.