1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooters

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jlowe362, Jul 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

What about 3 point game, Ray Allen?

2. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

Great Thread!
    But seriously we need more than shooters at this point.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Troy Daniels is about to make Ray his b****

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are you asking Ray Allen?

Ariza is a better shooter than Ariza.

Troy Daniels is a better shooter than Lin.

DMo is a better shooter than Asik.

Anything else?

5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I agree. Height, defense (other than 3 guys), hustle, pure ball distribution PG, playmakers etc.....

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Damn, he's really good :grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

i'm worried about our lack of shooters

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2013 ariza is better than 2010 ariza

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We're already better than last year.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Fixed ... :rolleyes:

11. Remii

Remii Member

What makes you say that...???

12. bmd

bmd Member

The Vipers guys are all knock-down 3-point shooters. If they are going to get more playing time, then they'll have the shooters.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We dumped an inconsistent Lin, Disgruntled Asik, Casspi, and Model-boy ego maniac-Parsons.

Picked up Ariza who has better defense, comparable shooting, more experience- including the playoffs and costs less.

Picked up Dorsey - baby D12 (defense).

Picked up I. Smith.

Locked up Trey Daniels

Morey is still not done

D12 and Harden have been called out by Morey - who does not think that duo can win a championship without a 3rd star. This can ONLY make these guys go beast-mode.

It is only July

I am probably missing something

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Nick Johnson also has a pretty nice stroke

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

A full season of Canaan, Johnson, Daniels, Ariza, Covington > Parsons, Lin, Hamilton, Casspi, garcia

Of course, only Daniels, and maybe Canaan, are true shooters, so the others could regress..but I doubt it.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We are good on three point shooting... Need 1-2 more slashers/playmaker types

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Alonzo Gee may surprise

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Shooting is not a problem in my eyes. We just need smart players who work hard on D to fill up the depth chart. Players like Battier, Chuck, Landry, etc. Basically the 2009 Rockets needs to be our bench.

I'm okay with Bev/Canaan/Smith/Johnson at PG but it still seems lacking. However, I believe in Canaan and Johnson seeing as how both have been putting in work this summer. They've both looked great and I'm hoping that that translates over to the season. The only thing that worries me is that none of these guys seem to actually be playmakers or ballhandlers, forcing Harden to be our only playmaker.

Harden/Daniels/Johnson is fine too, I don't have a single issue with this position, offensively that is. Defensively it's definitely sub par. Only Johnson plays D and he probably won't get much PT this season. One of the other guys will need to play harder on defense (preferably both) in order to make this a valuable tandem.

BTW: Is Johnson gonna be a 1 or a 2. I know he's listed at a 2, but his size kinda yells out 1.

Ariza/??? This is basically my main problem. Who's backing Ariza up? Covington? He looked really good last season with RGV, but damn he has looked bad in the Summer League. Summer League has a large tendency to not be an accurate indicator in the the success of a players season, but Covington should be better than this.

Jones/Dmo/Dorsey/Adrien
    Howard/Dorsey/Dmo/Adrien

I put these together because the backups are all the same really. Defensively I like Dorsey and Adrien, I think together they can cover Asik's production on the boards as well. Adrien will probably get very little time, but whenever he does play, I don't think he'll be horrible. DMo has looked great this summer league as he is playing with some confidence and consistency. He lacked consistency last season, but if he can bring it every night, then we are in for a treat. I haven't heard much about Jones, but I'm hoping that he's working hard. He needs to get more polished on offense, but really needs to work on D. If he can stop or slow down the Aldridges of the league at some point this season then that will really help out. My problem with this position is mainly the height at the backup 5. Dorsey is not tall, but he has a great reach and good athleticism so I'm hoping he can make up for the height issue with Chuck-like characteristics.

19. TheRealJames

TheRealJames Member

20. bmd

bmd Member

Have you seen him play?

I haven't. Is he not a scrub?