1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight says we will be fine without Parsons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pocketrocket81, Jul 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

He's one of two guys I wanted to hear from. Thanks. Everyone else is secondary to what goes on this year.

2. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

I am always a harden supporter but I definitely agree here.

3. dznutz

dznutz Member

harden wasn't available for comment kuz he was in the strip clubs

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

James Harden is in China right now.

Nice try.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think Dwight in the playoffs last year was a top 5 player. The problem was that K-Mac and TJones turned Lamarcus Aldridge into another top 5 player with him.

Realistically, you can place Lebron KD and CP3 as indisputable top 5 players. The guys on the fence in that range become Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Dwight, Kevin Love, and say a regular season post-ASG Harden. Note that, aside from Dwight, none of those guys plays any defense either. Fringe top 10 players become Westbrook, Aldridge, Dirk, Anthony Davis, and don't look now but yes Demarcus Cousins now belongs on this list.

Scary observation #1: only two of the top 10-11 guys are in the East.
    Scary observation #2: none of the top 10-15 players played for the champion Spurs this year. Are we witnessing the ascension of European style, team-oriented basketball in the NBA? Where superstars might not hold the sway they once did in David Stern's NBA? I wonder that myself.

1 person likes this.
  6. basketballholic

and/or possibly he knows something????

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. We saw how immature Parsons was, and Harden is YOUNGER than Parsons.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

D12 for president

9. nchan

nchan Member

Dude, it's getting old.

10. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

So..... hookers then?

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight has been my favorite player on the Rockets since he joined the team - and this just strengthens my view.

12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

thats how you lead, no drama - 'we'll be fine, we're looking for players who want to compete & win'

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's on us > it's on me

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

great comment by Dwight, that's how you lead a team, i really believe with the departure of Parsons the team will find its identity and Harden and Dwight will lead the team.

15. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

Underground strip club in China is wayyyyy crazy, you dont want harden to try that one, he may end up in CBA (Chinese Basketball Association)

16. alethios

alethios Member

It's hard to fathom, but many people believe the house of cards would come tumbling down with Parsons gone. If Howard and Harden are the consummate professionals we hope them to be, they will provide the necessary leadership and cohesion to the players currently wearing a Rockets uniform and foster a winning culture. Otherwise, they'll prove Parsons was right.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Harden could give two ****s about Parsons

18. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Funny thing about Parsons is that he has been trying to get his payday since year 1 of his contract. Asking Morey to let him out of his cheap deal only to find out that it is not logically possible.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No strip clubs in china?

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

DWIGHT will lead the team. FIFY.

It's seems sort of obvious after the past two seasons that Harden either doesn't want to or just doesn't have the personality to take that role. I think Dwight purposely took a bit a back seat this past year to let others, specifically Harden step up.

But you saw a different Dwight in the playoffs. It was the Dwight of Orlando.

I really hope so to, because I think if starts to speak up and try to coach the defense this year and force people to accountable, the team may actually become contenders.

If anything, I also thing you will see the team's pace slow down too, with Howard demanding the ball in the pst more. Lin and Parsons were two key players in pushing the ball up the court and playing at that frenetic pace. While Ish, Daniels, and Ariza can do that, the team roster seems to be trending to more of a half-court style.