1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabesque

sabesque Member

How much do you think he likes his PG minutes are split among three solid PGs in potentially a contract year?

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The NBA's salary cap is not carved in stone -- teams are allowed to exceed the payroll maximums for a variety of reasons. One of the exceptions to the cap was created to allow teams to re-sign their own players. The Boston Celtics were the first team to employ the exception, exceeding the cap to re-sign Larry Bird. Since then, it has been known as the "Bird Exception."

Can someone explain this to me lol. Sorry, I'm a little slow.

3. Nook

Nook Member

1.)Yes I agree that a quality back up in important, especially with Bledsoe's injury history. However, they also drafted Ennis and plan on playing Bledsoe and Dragic heavy minutes. That leaves few minutes for Thomas and Ennis... doesn't make sense long term... just like Howard and Asik.

2.)The Rockets are in a different situation. They are almost a finished product, and getting Dragic would be their last major signing. Also, the Rockets are willing to go over the cap and tax, and the Suns with their ownership group has historically not been willing to.

I am not saying that Dragic is going to Houston... for all I know they could move Bledsoe or Ennis.... but I do know that long term they are not keeping Dragic/Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis because they have too many other needs to fill and players that will need to be resigned in the next couple seasons.

The Suns also know there is a really good chance that the Rockets and other teams will offer him the max, or close to it if he hits free agency.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

once phoenix let channing frye go over a cpl million, they were chucking the season. He was for example, way more important to them than Chandler was to us.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At the end of the day, we lose Lin, Asik, Parsons, 1sts and wind up with Ariza + Dragic (NOH pick traded away for Dragic) - then... still, meh. I'm not buying Dragic as the foundational 3rd piece. That team wouldn't even come close to the one with Parsons/Bosh on it.

It could contend I suppose. If we plug the right guys in around everyone. I might be too low on Dragic, yet I realize he's a stud. PG is just so deep.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Not buying it? At times he was the best point guard in the league last year.

And I am talking for a few months there.

He will make things much easier for Harden and Howard.

The upgrade at 3, (it was an upgrade for this team) will play huge dividends in the playoffs.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Obviously it wouldn't compete with Bosh/Parsons, but that team never existed. You can only make due with the hand you're dealt, and I'd say coming away with Ariza and Dragic while losing Parsons (at $15m/year), Lin (pfft), and Asik (who didn't even want to be here) is an overall positive. Ariza and Dragic are both superior defenders, and Dragic's game would KILL IT here with Howard anchoring the middle. Think about how much better our 3-pt shooting would get by adding these two to the starting rotation. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

8. Houston09

Houston09 Member

any insider news?

9. tmacfor35

This team needs to improve its defensive prowess. The Rockets lost to the Blazers(not because of Lillard/Aldridge), but because of Mathews and Batum running free on the perimeter. I will swear to it, that Parsons is on level with Harden on the perimeter.

Chandler wanted his money, and you don't earn it in the nba just playing defense.

10. basketballholic

What I want to know is who does Minnesota think is the better deal? Goran Dragic plus the Pelies pick (plus Trevor Ariza after Dec. 15th) or Klay Thompson and David Lee or Andrew Wiggins and Tristan Thompson, etc.?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

James Harden.

1 person likes this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'd bet a lot of money on Wiggins +

13. Asian Sensation

Adding Marion to that mix would work wonders.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Parsons isn't nearly as bad as Harden. He isn't good enough to always cover for Harden's ass, either. Ariza will help in that regard, but the team really just needs Harden to get MUCH better on that end. That or trade him.

It's hard to have a top defense when one of your stars doesn't even try.

15. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Why is everyone talking about getting one of the Suns PGs? Did someone say something that would suggest its possible?

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

"Multiple Insiders.";)

17. tmacfor35

He finished 5th in MVP voting last year. Really?

Parsons was just as bad. Same mental mistakes.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

What happened to the within 24 hours 25 hours ago?

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

We got Ish Smith and I think that's about it.

20. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Now it's Saturday. That is until Saturday comes around and we don't hear anything or nothing happens...again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.