1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's at least a year away from anyone having to worry about their job, Nick Johnson's upside is unquestionable but right now he can't shoot worth a damn and that'll have to change before he's logging serious minutes with the Rockets.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well deserved, if true. He's brought it every game.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

DMO look more soild player than before

Cannan &Covnigton are wayy better,for the 1st time they got enough skills and talent IMO

Nick is awosme

Lin should have stayed to be our 3PG

4. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

a bit offtopic, but I like how Spurs played this night. 14 players were on the floor, all of them MADE at least one FG, none of players stayed for more than 20 minutes, 19 assists TOTAL. It seams spurs can transfer it's playing style to SL team in a matter of days.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rox get 93 points on only 7 assists. :eek:

Covington lead the team with 3 assists, nobody else had more than one, including our PGs.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

They limited Raptors to a 5pt 3rd quarter. Is that a record???

7. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

I think the NBA record for least pts in a quarter is still 3

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

any highlights of this game?

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OLUGO1sgO7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  10. Muaz

Muaz Member

Darius Morris would be a great pick up for the Rockets. Averaged about 13 pts and 6 assists at Michigan. Has great size at 6-5 and had solid minutes when he played for 76ers. One of the big knocks on him was his perimeter shooing, but he has improved. Interesting note Darius Morris played for RGV this year and tore up the D league with over 20 pts and 7 assists and was solid from 3. He had a 50 point game.(we still lost though lol) he would be a great back up guard. Also noteworthy since he is playing for the spurs summer league team they must think he is talented too. They are probably planning to offer him a contract since patty mills is injured. We should swoop him up and add to the line of point guards Morey has plucked from thin air.

#signmorris

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was watching this game in a pub on 6th Street tonight while playing trivia. Got lucky and the screen was right in front of me. At halftime, we were done. We were blown out by some ridiculous number, down 20-25 points, or something like that (I only had 3 or 4 pints of Harp, so my memory is pretty good). Then the second half happened. I'm afraid that I had a hard time concentrating on answering obscure questions about crazy arcane **** (I love that stuff, so sue me), because the second half was just NUTS! What a game! I like our guys. I realize that I usually like our summer league team every year, but I honestly like these guys more than what's usual. We have some talent there, fellow members, in my very humble opinion.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I watched the 2nd half on NBA TV. We were down 29 at half and ended up winning by 15 or 16. IIRC, Rox set the LVSL record for 35 points in the fourth quarter.

13. i3artow i3aller

Odd to think one could actually be stoked about a SL game, but tonight's Cleveland/Houston game should be a blast. The Day the 1st Overall Picks Stood Still.

Dream Scenario:
    Rox win 97-88

Cannon 18 pts 3 brds 8 asts Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them.
    RoCo 17 pts 7 brds 2 asts Posterizes + Puts The Clamps On Wiggs. Matrix 2.0
    Donuts 20 pts 10 brds 1 asts Wolf Mode Activated. Lithuanian Lycan Unleashed!
    Quick 15 pts 5 brds 5 asts Posterizes Bennett + Fills Up The Stat Sheet

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

Covington is one of those players that makes teammates better when shot is not falling. His defense was superior.

15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I actually don't care for that. It's SL. I don't need a good team. I want single players that shine. If more than 2 or 3 of them are part of our rotation, we'll have a problem anyways. So I want players that look like they are a level above the competition - not a well balanced team.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

*cue Pitbull*

PLAYOFFS!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Rockets/Cavs at 7:30 CT. RT<a href="https://twitter.com/NBA">@NBA</a>: Round Two of the <a href="https://twitter.com/NBASummerLeague">@NBASummerLeague</a> Tournament tips off at 4pm/et on <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV">@NBATV</a>! <a href="http://t.co/oHhV4lwuDv">pic.twitter.com/oHhV4lwuDv</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/489809818577022976">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol aint nobody trying to pay $5M or $8M or $15M for a 3rd string PG

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

19. StripedPajamas

Where y'all watching tonight's game?

20. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member