1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: Allstar or Superstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Jul 15, 2014.

?

Harden (as of right now): Allstar or Superstar?

1. Allstar

253 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Superstar

209 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Remember, he was the reason why the Thunder beat the Mavs and especially Spurs during that same playoff run.

2. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

No superstars in the league right now. Closest thing we have is Lebron. If we are talking about of all time....then MJ, Kobe, Bill Russell, Hakeem, Shaq, Lebron.

3. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

To compensate for his historically bad defense, Harden would have to score at least 30 pts a game to be considered a superstar.

4. Antec

Antec Member

If you even bothered reading the Texans forum, ud know im trolling and i think keenum sucks.

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

No Duncan?

6. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Good to know.
    I don't bother reading forums of other sports teams who are perennial losers.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Whatever his defensive ability may be, he is an elite shot creator in this league, and that alone is enough to make you a superstar.

8. Antec

Antec Member

So Gilbert Arenas was a superstar too then.

9. TheJet

TheJet Member

Wow. This one statement tells me all I need to know. Only a fan of teams that are currently winning, or win the majority of the time. Gotcha.

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

This is a great example of why I keep calling this debate too subjective to prove either way. This poster doesn't think Lebron is a superstar. Other posters count Chris Paul as a superstar. Everyone has their own definition, and until they make a "superstar" team official there's no clear right or wrong answer here.

11. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

You can infer whatever you want, but I'm not THAT guy.

12. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

BTW, I was a rabid fan of the Detroit Lions growing up. The Defense rests, your honor.

13. ShawnKemp40

ShawnKemp40 Member

All Star....

Superstars are players that draw double and triple teams all game.

14. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Until he has a decent defense and play the team game, he's just a super iso player on the offensive side.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The homerisim on this site is real, so thirsty. Only superstar we had in the last 10 yrs was mac.

16. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

No. Superstars dont disappear in the playoffs.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

So which is it? Your statement about not reading forums of teams that are perennial losers suggests that you don't root for losing teams (front runner). Now you tell us that you were a die hard Lions fan, which suggests you either lived in Detriot, were a huge Sanders fan, or had some other tie to the team. I'm not saying any of that is wrong, but it absolutely makes a difference to most people. If you just hate the Texans, fine. But that line infers a lot more than that.

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yeah look at how well Jordan's done in Charlotte.

GOAT on the court not in judging players.

His ego won't let him give credit to someone who can really challenge him for GOAT status anyways.

19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

To be honest the Hornets are starting to shape up. Vonleh was a good pick I believe. Kemba/Stephenson/MKG/Zeller/Jefferson. They have something to build on.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

They actually do have an interesting team to put out there now so I guess you could say he's improving.

But he's made some incredibly bad moves during his tenure. And if he quit right now you'd have to grade it a big failure.