1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR

JR Contributing Member

good hint about Suns' PG intentions on today's SL broadcast

Not sure if you all were listening when they were talking about Toronto drafting Caboclo in the first, but they said their first round target was Ennis - PG - who was taken one pick ahead of them by Phoenix. Furthermore, TOR was so enamored of Ennis that they called Phoenix offering to trade for Ennis, but were rebuffed.

Of course PHX is spreading the word that they're not going to trade Dragic, or work a sign and trade for Bledsoe, because they want to get a good price and they don't want to look blatantly cheap to their fans.

But their actions, primarily drafting Ennis in the first round AND signing I. Thomas to a 4 year deal, aren't those of a team that plans to have Dragic and Bledsoe around next year, which probably means they won't be Suns for (much of) this year because their value will decline, especially Dragic as an effectively expiring contract thanks to his certain-to-be-unexercised-barring- catastrophic-injury-player option for next year.

It would be great to get Gogi back and he actually is a 3rd star, much better than Parsons, and Morey finally figured it out, or waited out Les, if you believe the Les loved Lin story.

Catch and shoot guys like Parsons are a dime a dozen compared to guys who can create like Gogi.

1 person likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Carlisle may be more creative than McHale has been with Parsons and make him more dangerous and productive as an offensive threat-- run him off screens, maybe some of these Adelman "corner" sets... Maybe he can have some 20, 24 ppg seasons like Peja Stojakov had in his prime (and Peja was more than just a 3 point shooter) and be an important weapon. He may even learn some of Dirk's tricks-- but he'll have a hard time being as effective as Dirk because he isn't a 7' PF/C and don't create the kind of mismatch and spacing problems.

But that's the point-- you have to be creative with Parsons, maybe contort your offense around him a bit in order to make him produce like a star where as someone like Goran Dragic doesn't need that as much.

3. traveler

traveler Member

ok

I am guessing that you saw DMo perform outstanding defense.

4. treeman

treeman Member

Actually, I agree with several things you've written. I am simply suspect when people with apparent knowledge pop up out of nowhere to impart their wisdom - or make predictions.

What's your other CF handle? I don't believe for a second that you just within the past couple of weeks found this site. You've obviously been paying attention for a while.

I am tired of being fed BS, that is all.

5. AkeemOlaDROwon

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. traveler

traveler Member

ok

I made predictions? When? What I posted is what I think. I have no idea what Morey or the team will do.

7. traveler

traveler Member

Ok what is the correct thinking here that I need to assimilate into the culture here? Is there a place or thread I can go read and see what the correct way to act here?

8. treeman

treeman Member

Some of us are suspicious when people pop up out of nowhere with apparent knowledge. You know all of the players, you understand how things work, but you just found the site? Really? It's only been around for about 15 years...

We get troll accounts all the time here. It's annoying. If you are truly new then I won;t say don;t post, but you might want to read more at first. If you aren't new, well... you know.

9. haydenfisher342

Ill help you. Always quote clutch and brown nose. Moderators ase better and smarter than you. They are powerful, submit your self. Write in numbers and source

10. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Ok understand. Thanks.

11. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Thanks. I will just learn what the correct thinking is here and parrot the party line.

So...Dragic is a for sure Hall of Fame inductee huh? Can't wait to retire his number.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Blasting that post count, aren't you? At least try not to make two posts in a row. Combine them into one.

13. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Not sure how. I am a newb here. I was trying to go along and just reply to any that replied to me. I know how to refresh.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Great point, hope you are right.

The original JR :p

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I think you may be talking about Plowman's prediction here. I'm not sure if he's just trolling or not. You would think a 99'er would know better... It's so out of blue and straight forward. I'm certainly not used to this after seeing all those riddles... :grin:

This is post #1825 on page 92:

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

But Batum guarded him and Durant for the Thunder?

17. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

So what country are you from?

18. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Texas. Born and raised in Houston.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, but Chris Paul is.

He is in the conversation for 'best PG in history'.

20. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Nah you're fine. You didn't claim any insider knowledge so I'm not sure where that came from. Feel free to share your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.