1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: Allstar or Superstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Antec, Jul 15, 2014.

?

Harden (as of right now): Allstar or Superstar?

1. Allstar

253 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Superstar

209 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. cpan

cpan Member

personally, I feel he is no star.

2. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Kobe not a superstar and/or truly dominant player?

[​IMG]

Anyone who believes that should lose their hoops talking privileges.

3. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

So a consensus top 10 player of all time was not a superstar by your standards. Good to know.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

These threads are becoming annoying.

I seem to remember the Paul George crowd claiming how much better he was than Harden and we all saw how that turned out.

Harden finished 5th in MVP voting this year(arguably the third best player in the league last year). He matched up against a team in the playoffs that had two elite defensive wings and a major interior presence. He struggled. Oh well.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Kobe IS NOT a consensus top 10 player of all time.

Not to derail and in no order but the following are clearly ahead of him on the all time list:

Dream, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, KAJ, Magic, MJ, Duncan, LBJ, Bird

Then you have people like Big O etc.

6. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

LeBron ahead of Kobe, nah. Just ask the G.O.A.T.

7. AltH85

AltH85 Member

Ring Counter Thread

8. tmacfor35

It is really hard to judge who should be where in these top 10 of all time rankings.

How do you rank players? Was Michael overrated? I could make an argument. His team was really good without him.

Is Kobe the "best" shot maker of all time? I could certainly make an argument.

Barkley never won a championship, but the guy was incredible.

Hakeem is consistently undervalued, but how? He was the best defensive presence this game has ever seen all while having the most dominant playoff stretch on both ends in two consecutive seasons.

I really value guys like Kevin Garnett, who were so good defensively, that they could guard the point guard and center effectively(Yes Hakeem, you too). All while dominating a basketball game offensively.

Shaq was the most dominant player with a basketball in his hands within 15 feet from the paint.

This will always be a great argument, because nobody is right.

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I think last years disappearance in the playoffs set him back to All-Star status. Remember he disappeared for the Thunder in the Finals, so it's something we should be somewhat concerned about.

It scares because he just kept chuckin. Yes shooters should shoot to get out of slumps, but Howard should have been give me the F$_/#/&& ball.

10. tmacfor35

Harden has to learn to not rely on the officiating.

His age showed in the playoffs, and I feel that it is something that he will grow out of.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've said this for two years now. Harden's biggest weakness is that he can be neutralized by the referees way too easily. If they start swallowing the whistle he is a negative on the court. Too much of his offense is designed to draw a foul instead of actually finishing.

12. tmacfor35

McHale would have been smart to let Daniels have more of Harden's minutes, and transform in to a 2009 Orlando magic circa.

They tried that for one half in Houston, but the wings for Portland kept scoring.

This team improved when Chandler was replaced with Ariza. Good basketball minds have pointed this out.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Funny. I've been seeing LeBron James top 5 all time everywhere with Kobe nowhere to be seen on a top 10 list.
    Kobe is a great player, he is a great scorer. But outside of scoring he really isn't all that great. Jordan was a great scorer that did everything else well. LeBron is not as good a scorer but his all around game is legend status.

The only reason people are heralding him as one of the greatest is because he piggybacked Shaq for two rings and had to wait on Gasol before he was a legit contender again.
    Imagine if Durant was able to piggyback on somebody (like prime Dwight) and win two chips? He'd be considered a better player than LeBron.

14. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

i think there are only two superstars in the league: james, durant

15. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Sounds like you have Kobe confused with Allen Iverson.
    Are you trying to say Kobe doesn't bring it on defense?

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

17. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

18. Antec

Antec Member

47% Superstar?

Truly a bunch of homers.

19. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Case Keenum fan club, yea you sure know what you're talking about.

20. Rox-Oso

Rox-Oso Member

Needs to play Defense