1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs at Rockets this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Jul 14, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

there would have to be people in the toyota center for this to work. I think best wait til playoffs for the booing.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very well said. If I'm there, I'm booing the hell out of him.

I really hope we play the Mavs in Dallas on a Saturday. I would love to drive up to the game and see it. I did that last year in San Antonio and it was really fun.

3. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

If you had said "Destroy these black boys" it would have been viewed as a racist comment....this will get a pass though.

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

everyone should wear Robert Horry jersey to the game
    and make sure you wear the jersey backward
    so Parsons can see its Horry's and not his

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm gonna get close seats to heckle Parsons. The dose of reality that will him them when Parsons shows that he's nothing more than an above average, glorified role player will be rich.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I boo everyone.

I boo the space city seniors and little dippers.

1 person likes this.
  7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

/thread

8. Classic

Classic Member

half time shows are the worst

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

I probably will boo him. I'm not upset that he took the money. I'm not really surprised that the Rockets didn't match that ridiculous contract. But just the whole way that he went about it has been disrespectful and arrogant.

I've gotten over it. We got another player who, even though has different strengths and weaknesses, should be a great fit for our team at half the price. Moving on from Parsons, we still have two star players and should have a great team

But yeah, I will boo him. Probably a couple times at the beginning of the game and then I will be done. Because I'm a fan, and that's what fans do- overreact to silly things like this. And, as a fan, it's always fun to have a rival team and have a villain to root against just as much as it is fun to have a team to root for.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I imagine there will be a mixture of applause and boos. I've always cheered for players like scola, hayes, lowry, dragic, AB, etc. I think I might have booed T-Mac though. Not sure where to rank Parsons.

EDIT: He is playing for the Mavs though, which makes it hard for me to cheer for anything coming from Dallas. If I don't boo, I'll be dead silent. This will probably be as close as possible to me cheering for a Dallas anything.

11. Lando19

Lando19 Member

The only thing that matters is if we win or not.

RedNation

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I still have respect for players like Scola, Hayes, Dragic, AB....

Parsons doesn't care what I think about him, but he lost my respect.

1 person likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Dallas sports radio on 105.3 The Fan had a segment called "Houston's Butt Hurt" the other day on the radio over the whole Parsons thing. I have to admit it was pretty infuriating. They would rip Houston, the Rockets, Morey, etc. and, at the end of each line, they would scream "Butt Hurt". At that moment, I wanted them dead. Honestly. It was in poor taste. Their excuse was "oh...well...we (cities) hate each other" that they prefaced the segment with. Just another reason for you'll to hate Dallas...as if you needed one. Obviously, not a segment intended to be heard by current or former (me) Houston residents.

You Houston folk need to get out with the eggs and egg the Dallas Mavericks team bus when they come to play at Houston. Dallas is used to it as their football team bus is egged any time they go to Philly.

#73 Surfguy, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Rather not have a criminal record bro...but yes...boo Parsons...

In all honesty, its a total joke that the city of Houston is crying over the loss of a player like Parsons. We ripped on LA for being butt hurt for Dwight signing here. Talk about standards...

15. queazie

queazie Member

I agree with everyone. It's not that he took the money. He deserves the money. BUT the way he handled the situation is bad. He should be thanking the organisation for the chance to play. He was a 2nd round pick! meaning - no other team would consider him a first option initially.

He needs to appreciate the rockets and morey

I hate the mavs and cuban...

16. amak316

amak316 Member

Man, the rockets fan base is the meanest in all of sports. Reject a guy, call him overpaid, then Boo him for his years of productivity while earning the league min.

17. Mr Chuck Norris

Um why shouldn't we boo him. Am I supposed to cheer that he got rich?

I DON'T GIVE A ****! that picture with cuban should piss everyone off.

18. Marteen

Marteen Member

Don't understand why you should boo him or Bosh. You guys act like you wouldn't have taken the extra money.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

"Well, I heard Mr. P talk about us...
    Well, I heard ole' Chandler put us down..
    Well, I hope CParsons will remember...
    A Rocket fan don't need him around anyhow."

Oh, in case any of you kids don't get the reference- verse 2:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ye5BuYf8q4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Oh I hope you haven't offended Chandler.