1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rashard Lewis signs 1 year deal with Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jul 15, 2014.

1. TISNF

TISNF Member

Depth at the 5 was kinda, you know, crucial.

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Why the hell didn't we offer him something better, the guy can still play!?!

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

He gave up when he chose to retain McHale.

1 person likes this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Women and their obsession with t***.

Stop objectifying men.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great one

6. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

1. Let your team captain and glue guy get stolen by a rival
    2. Build around a player who is easily the worst/laziest defender in the league (including fat Felton)
    3. Trade away assets and get nothing in return
    4. Enter season with worse team then the one who had a first round exit to an inferior Blazers squad

This game can be played both ways.

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

hes not a 3rd Star :)

8. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Neither is Bosh yet Morey viewed him as one. I think Morey needs to take a step back and look at who he considers a third star. The best thing he could have done was match Parsons, who has the ability to grow and become that third star and then fire McHale and hire a good coach.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd been a lot more excited about a signing of someone like Lewis than Adrien and Dorsey. Morey's trolling us.

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Solid gold.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dallas has a roster that looks really great in 2012, but I just dont know if they have the health/age & top level talent in order to take down OKC, SAS, or the Clippers.

Dallas is banking on a few things to go their way this year-

A. Health of Tyson Chandler

-Keep in mind he's really only had one truly healthy elite year in the NBA. They did win a title that year, but you catch my drift. Their defense completely falls apart without him & its already looking pretty suspect regardless with 4 minus defenders at the other starter positions.

B. Dirk staying Elite

-How many elite years does Dirk have left in him? That's what they are banking on up in Dallas. He looked great last year, but you have to think that with the paycut that he's also probably looking to hand the keys to the car over to Parsons. Which leads to C.

C. Is Parsons a Superstar?

-To beat OKC, SAS, & the Clips they are going to need an elite talent other than just Dirk. Dirk can't do it alone. They are going to need Parsons to be that guy who can put the team on his back in the playoffs especially. He put up numbers in last years playoffs, but that mostly came early in games. I found that as the game went on, Parsons involvement dropped as Howard/Harden/Lin's went up.

Even with Lin, you knew he was on the floor in the 4th quarter. He had an impact positive & negative. Parsons is gonna have to change dramatically as a player that you can count on to close games. If he doesn't take that next step, I just dont know if they have the top level talent.

12. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Looks like Felton may have some up and coming competition regarding his hot dog eating champ status.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=256490

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Yep, very true

14. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Regarding C I would say he has a better shot of becoming a superstar as a Mav then he did as a Rocket. This is based on a few things:

1. MUCH MUCH MUCH better coaching
    2. More veteran leadership
    3. Can learn more offensively from Dirk then anyone he played with on the Rockets due to him being able to use his awkward lanky size to his advantage (see Dirks whole career)
    4. Motivation to show the Rockets they made a mistake

I know these situations are different, but they are somewhat the same. This reminds me of when Nash was doing well in Dallas but they let him go because they were not willing to pay him what he felt he deserved. Nash was great in Dallas but he was a whole different beast in the Suns system due to the fact that it fit his style of play even more and he had motivation to show Dallas they messed up. I can easily seeing Parsons taking this same route and taking his game to a whole other level due to the reasons listed above.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He was also awful on defense. Especially the last .9 seconds.

16. Pete the Cheat

17. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Shouldn't your mom have swallowed you?

18. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Dang, did the season start this morning? I must have missed it. Did we win?

19. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Its just basic subtraction is all. Lost some key bench players and replaced them with far less players. Lost a key starter and replaced him with an inconsistent player who had a good year during a contract year.