1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He doesn't have to be good as Parsons, just put up the same numbers he put up last season with the Wizards. In this offense he will be able to match Chandlers productions. Now defensively he better than Parsons and DD that is what this team needed the most. After Chandlers rookie campaign his defensive efficiency went down each season. Why is that, well because he is more focused on his offense instead of his defense.

Atlanta is not letting Milsap go so why a lot of you keep suggesting we acquire his services. In Horfords absence Milsap played big time for them.

The final product is not finished yet, Morey still have plenty of time to bring quality players here. We will be ok DD

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You are really full of **** is what you are- probably the thing to do is not post so much b/c you wind up contradicting yourself. The Rockets did not get rid of Scola immediately. Nor Shane Battier. Nor Kevin Martin. Nor Chuck Hayes. The only players the Spurs have kept longer than we had those guys is the 3. That's it. DeJuan Blair, George Hill, the recent incarnation of Stephen Jackson... and literally a dozen other players from their past (OK, they've had Splitter for a few years- one).

Green, Diaw and Mills have not been with them that long. The Rockets' mistake was that they gambled on Lin and lost. The non-Parsons signing made sense, and you don't not get Dwight Howard b/c you're afraid of displacing Asik. That couldn't be helped.

And you need to stop with you Parsons 2014 vs. Ariza 20xx comparisons already- you're making yourself look foolish.

Now, I would expect that when the Rockets go further than the Mavericks this postseason, you issue a retraction.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Parsons is definitely being disingenuous when he says he wanted to be here and he thought for sure the Rockets were going to match it. If this was the case, he wouldn't have allowed his agent to put all those stipulations in there on the contract and go out partying with Mark Cuban and sign it at a club at midnight.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

So, you rate Parsons 7/10, and rate Ariza 6/10, and Parsons is a borderline all-star but Ariza sucks as a basketball player? Do you even listen to the streaming feed of diarrhea coming out of your keyboard?

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

so parsons and dwight together in dallas?

7. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Parsons is a dick. Pompous, overrated, clown of a man.

8. LiveEatSleepRox

"Mark [Cuban] is the best owner in all of sports" - "Carlisle is the best coach in the league" - "I'm the best recruiter in the NBA". Did I really just read these as direct quotes coming from Parsons?

The point on Rick only lasts until someone mentions Popovich and it's no longer in question. The other two quotes just make Parsons seem delusional and bitter.

I mean the fans loved him and the majority of us wanted him back this season because of his production over the regular season.
    But when your THIRD best player's going to be earning in excess of 15mil a year it definitely hurts the TEAM going forward; especially if the team doesn't at least make it to the conference finals.

Parsons is still a solid starter on any team in the NBA (unless you're on team with Durant/Lebron/Melo at the 3) so he will definitely be in the league a while yet, let's just hope he doesn't burn too many bridges so early in his career with interviews like this.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he doesn't

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look the only thing that matters is that we lost a very good player and got an average one to replace him.

And DM should not have made him a RFA unless he intended to match him

DD

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm just here to watch dandorotik continue to disassemble DD. Chandler can seriously go **** himself if he truly feels offended. He screwed up the entire off-season by going out and taking that deal so quickly after Morey opted out. If it wasn't for the way you were treated here, you wouldn't have gotten anything NEAR that, Chandler. Seriously, take your **** Dallas because it's clearly where you belong.

12. rawdeele

rawdeele Member

Damn, Chandler...a wolf in sheep's clothing.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd think with Spanoulis, Budinger, Nachbar, and Parsons leaving this team that certain members of this board would have stopped following the Rockets and their mismanagement of those talented guys and moved onto another team to root for.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well at least the Rockets letting Parsons go brought back the old DD. Now we won't have to worry about LoF being gone.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Seriously. He had to have known having a No trade clause, player option on top of getting $15 million a year was going to make it very hard, if not impossible, to match.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't forget about AB. Certain members go full r****d with their crushes.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I completely forgot about the lust for AB and his "I'm just going to dribble into the middle of a traffic jam inside the paint, jump up in mid air, find out I have no where else to go, and do a stupid bounce pass for the classic turnover" move.

By now if I were said fan I'd jump ship and go support the Greek version of the Houston Rockets.

18. onreego

onreego Member

Wrong. He was offended that the Rockets tried to sign an All star PF — the position that killed them the most in the last rough of the playoffs. A position that Parson's plays sparingly because the team goes small. He faulted a management (one that he praised in the same interview) for trying to make the team team better. All he had to say was, "Thank you for giving me a chance Houston, sorry it didn't work out" but he went a different route.

He had little understanding of the cap and how his cap hold works obviously and I'm sure his agent didn't help the cause. Morey letting him out of his contract was clearly a courtesy to him. His cap hold actually would have caused the team to make more moves to clear space to offer the max to Bosh.

The fact that he said the Mavs didn't wait is furthest from the truth. Melo barely stayed in Dallas longer than the flight that got him there and that's why Dallas had nothing to wait for.

He's a Dallas douche now.

19. Remii

Remii Member

I guess Morey underestimated Parsons value to other teams in the NBA. His analytic calculator must be broke.

But any reason that is brought up for letting Parsons out of that contract is just a dog ate my homework excuse.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I could argue his points, for proper context but why gum up the BBS with that stuff?

DD