1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Wow. I'm glad we signed Ariza instead. I can't wait to see Parsons get shut down by Ariza.

2. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

next season will decide. i think he's a half step too slow when trying to be a traditional ball handler. all while giving up his defense. some could be on mchale. who knows.

3. i3artow i3aller

Though Dallas already had their own Chandler?
    [​IMG]

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hahahaha, gotta admit it was funny putting his name next to LeBron James, Melo and bosh.
    This dude won't learn, he called himself the best sf in the Portland series and still got outplayed by every one he guarded.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

nah, this is just emotional fallout from us. From the contract and the douche move signing it inside a nightclub with Cuban. We'll move on in a couple of days.

But Chandler--he actually believes himself.

Wait till you underperform and the Mavs start regretting that contract.

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Is this guy that stupid? Just take the money and don't rub salt in the wound. Geez I've disliked a few players in the past and hated only one player....Pippen. Now, I guess I'm gonna add one more to the hate list. I can understand a player wanting to get paid. No problem with that whatsoever, but I do have a problem with that video with Cuban and I do have a problem with this latest crap. Parsons did not want to be on the ROX. He wanted to be that 3rd star. What an idiot! Bite me! You do realize you idiot that the ROX organization put you in every possible position to succeed, right? Despite your slumps, big mouth, inconsistent play and crappy defense, Mchale stuck with you and gave you heavy minutes and made you that 3rd option.

You benefited from the system and your teammates. As you career flatlines w/ them, always remember the ROX gave you your chance and you could have been a part of something special.

7. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

I guess all white people look the same to you?

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I can't blame him someone tells me I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread and backs it up by paying me 15M it's going to my head too.

He's a good player but if Ariza's 40% shooting from beyond the arc wasn't an aberration last year the Rockets will be fine.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This.

10. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

When he comes back to Toyota Center, it would be hilarious if the crowd chant "MVP" every time he bricks a shot or gets shut down by Ariza. That would be even sweeter than booing that arrogant a**.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Eh i am white and i had to look twice to make sure it was mekel. In this picture he looks a lot like parsons.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True. The haircut is resembling. Parsons is a notch douchier.

13. PeppermintCandy

Ariza's deal is 4 years, $32 million, which averages out to $8 million per year. Plus, it's a bit front-loaded, meaning the salary and hence the cap hit goes down every year. On the other hand, Parsons' deal amounts to $15.3 million per year. Not sure how it divides up, but it did sound like Cuban made it as unattractive as he could for Houston.

Plus, as others have pointed out, it wasn't the amount of money that made Morey balk, as he was likely willing to match and bring back Parsons had Bosh already signed on. The dealbreaker was the fact that signing Parsons without Bosh would have meant there was no chance of adding another franchise-level player in the near future.

I even think Parsons understood these reasons and maybe even agreed with Morey's decision-making process. But he was still probably offended how casually and publicly Morey would talk about needing a third star player, as if it were a given that he would never blossom into one. In fact, I'm sure it gets under the skin of Lin, Asik, and other young players who feel they still have something to prove in this league.

14. conquistador#11

lin gets offended, he posts a bible verse.
    asik gets offended, he shoots guns at a range.
    Chandler gets offended, he takes selfies w/ cubans or one cuban.

15. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Wtf is up with Parsons Lol

Boy got big headed quick

16. Houston79Astro

I'm white and looking at that picture... I wish we all did look the same :(

17. houactuar

houactuar Member

Just like you are th best sf in th nba LOL

Dude is from Orlando I think he is Mickey mouse

18. DocRock

DocRock Member

No lie, took me a good 10 seconds for it to register that wasn't Parsons.

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just because you get paid like melo doesn't mean you play like melo

Smdh

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Please Parsons shut up and stop whining. You got nearly 50 million dollars, yeah, you were really mistreated. :rolleyes: