1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onreego

onreego Member

I think he said bigger "roll" as in bigger roll of cash to take to the strip club.

He was tired of "Beard" getting all the lap dances.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chandler Parsons is about to get a wake-up call in Dallas... he overrated himself.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Let us put it this way.

The Rockets gave up a #1 NEXT year and a #2 to get rid of Lin and according to Morey there was no guarantee that there was anyone else that wanted Lin if the Lakers deal failed.

Lin is a negative asset. He is an NBA player, but he is not very well of thought of, especially at a cap hit of 8.3 million and an actual cost of 15 million.

4. dje243

dje243 Member

I follow King Drew and he posts a lot of opinion but has seemed to be pretty right on with some stuff before it came out. I would take his stuff with a grain of salt but I think he definitely has a source or two. He doesn't claim to know exactly what's happening just what things the team is looking into and what they're leaning towards.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

one of the picks was a clippers second round pick only to be coveyed if in the 55-59 range

6. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

It is attributable to the coaching abilities of Rick Carlisle, currently the 2nd best active coach in the NBA behind Pops. As long as Rick Carlisle is in Dallas, the Mavs will continue to surprise people.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

But the draft pick isn't. And Lin's expiring contract is a more flexible trade tool (allows the team to take salaries up to 150% of $8.4M+$100K, can be combined with other outgoing salaries to take in even more $) than an $8.4M TPE is (cannot be combined with other salaries/exceptions, can only take in a salary up to $8.5M).

The good thing is that the team still has assets and creative ways to take in salary in a deal. We'll see what they manage to do.

8. delishman

delishman Member

Likely is referring that if we take on J.Smoove we can acquire some additional assets to flip for Rondo. I would only take on a J.Smoove if we had a guy like Rondo who could control/put him in positions to succeed.

9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Aren't Smith and Howard BFFs?

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, he made a fool of himself with his I am better than Batum comments in the playoffs.

11. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

I don't think he overrated himself but I do predict him having a down year this season w/o harden and howard being there to draw the double team. Dirk still has some left in the tank but last year he would only show up in the 4th quarter.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm happy for him financially. I would just like too the rockets add another significant player now.

13. Solaris

Solaris Member

Not true, Bev love playing with Harden

14. ThaShark316_28

To be honest, unless you keep your nose clean, folks will get at you.

I remember a player not liking LeBron after he sent him a text saying (paraphrasing) "this is King James, come play with me in Miami".

A lot of these cats like to be comfy, and win while being so.

15. boiler

boiler Member

Bev loves playing with everyone.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Except Westbrook.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sigh it's not they didn't want to not play with Harden and Howard. We just couldn't compete with the fifth year for 2 players that we're getting their last mega deal. Parsons doesn't count. He's not a star.. We've moved on.

18. haydenfisher342

anyone got update with Detroit/Mil/NO ????

19. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Can confirm @ESPNSteinLine Rockets have talked with Mike Miller. Also have pursued veteran Ray Allen. Both considered (fittingly) longshots.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm really getting upset. Ray freaking Allen?

This is getting bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.