1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Wow.. didnt realize how well he shot from midrange! Would be a nice addition to a team that barely shoots any midrange jumpers.

Only concern with him would be that both he and Harden need to ball in their hands to make plays. But holy cow, having a lineup with 4 out 5 players that have been to finals and know what it takes to get there would be great!

If Harden were to mature himself quickly, he'd be able to realize that Rondo would make both his life and Howard's life much easier, much like he did for Garnett, Pierce, and Allen.

If Morey can make this happen, i'd be all for it.

Rondo (2x finals appearance -1 win)
    Harden (1x - loss)
    Ariza (1x - 1 win)
    TJones (none)
    Howard (1x - loss)

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Rondo doesnt defend? :confused:

I think you're probably confusing Rajon Rondo with Steve Blake.

1 person likes this.
  4. rocket43

rocket43 Member

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

With Celtics recent additions at PG i do believe he is available, but I don't know if the Celtics would welcome a trade with Houston. Maybe Morey can swing some deals...

Pelicans 1st (top 10 potentially--great value), 2 second rd picks, D-MO, Canaan, cash could get the deal done.

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Experience wins championships.

7. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

hes definitely available but imo I just don't see us having enough assets to pry him away from that SOB danny ainge

8. CertifiedTroll

So could we get Marcus Smart cheaper than Rondo?

9. Asian Sensation

Considering Rondo was my #1 priority over Melo, Bosh and even if it meant losing Parsons I'd be ecstatic if we can finally get him. As I mentioned on several different occasions I don't know why Morey didn't trade Parsons + stuff back when the original offer was there. Rondo truly fixes a lot of our issues and he will make us immediate contenders.

My dream off season was to Trade for Rondo, sign PJ Tucker and pickup serviceable 4 and 5 for cheap.

If we end up with Rondo, Ariza, sign Boozer for cheap and pick up the backup 5 we'll be ready to rock.

10. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

For all the number crunchers, is there a way the Rockets could afford Ilyasova and Rondo?

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I'm hoping for a Boozer amnesty, but I don't think it will happen.

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Boozer on a one year deal would be awesome. If he gets amnestied there will be an auction and if your below the cap you get to bid

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think it has to happen...

14. Nook

Nook Member

My observations:

1. Which Rondo are you going to get? After coming back from his injury, he was terrible last year. How much of that is long term damage and how much of that was Rajon just not wanting to play for a terrible team.

2. Danny Ainge is almost as stingy as Daryl Morey. Both men are very stubborn and will not give an inch. This makes a deal very hard to happen. Also, both tend to over value their own assets.

3. Does Rondo really make the Rockets that much better? I don't think that he is in the class of Anthony, Bosh or Love.

4. Consider this, if a deal for Rondo was a realistic option, why didn't the Rockets do it BEFORE Parsons' deal was rejected? The Rockets with Parsons and Rondo are far better than a team with just Rondo.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yes please get rid of D-Mo, because the only people I know out here that thinks he's good are Clutchfans users. And this year's Summer League is proving that he's really not showing any signs of improvement, and people had some nerve on here saying that D-Mo was better than Thomas Robinson. :rolleyes:

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If we do land Rondo you better believe the Celtics will make out like bandits.

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I really believe T Jones will be a star... that's just me... getting rid of DMO just makes me believe that the organization is keeping T Jones for a very long time.

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If we don't give up T Jones. Yes it will make us better.

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

We should only give up TJones if we're getting another PF in return. we can't afford to have a big hole in the 4 spot. Dmo can bounce.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Everyone has been talking about Wiggins as the next big thing for 2 years and you'd trade him for a guy that can't stay on the court plus other assets? I don't understand that. It would make sense for Houston to pull that off because we're in a win now, but they are stacked with solid/good young players. They can win now and develop their guys at the same time. Lucky them. They'll win a lot of game regardless of whether or not they get Kevin Love.