1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

remaining free agents to target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 13, 2014.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I completely agree with this at this time. Okafor and Marion would both be great additions in limited roles. I'm not a big fan of Jordan Hamilton though. He has no consistency to his game at all. O'Neal has shown that he can still perform in a limited role. Another name I would throw out there would be DeJuan Blair.

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Marion, Blatche and Brooks on 1 to 2 year deals... make it happen.

3. StevieCrossover

Bring back Aron Brooks, i miss that little fella.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like J. Nelson and Greg Monroe.

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

I would be extremely happy if this happened.

6. Sanity2disChaos

Monroe, Nelson, Marion you have a C/PF, Vet PG, Vet SF..

7. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

I don't expect anything until near the end of free agency... Players still available will be very cheap or out of a job... We should be able to fill up our roster with multiple 1 or 2 year deals...

8. Big Time Titan

Jimmer and Kris Humphries on cheap short term deals would good.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ugh... Bledsoe. After that... man, what a tough choice. I reckon either Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson.

Ugh... Lance Stephenson is the obvious name. Ray Allen would even consider this? Maybe Jordan Crawford.

A bit better choice here... Wesley Johnson, maybe Aminu, Evan Turner is available?

Ugh... I think I just threw up in my mouth. OK, Jason Smith.

We need one. There are a few. Monroe would be pretty expensive. JON would be my first choice.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Jordan Crawford is not a FA, but Clippers want to trade him right? I wouldn't mind him!

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

We need a reliable rebounder without Asik. I don't trust Jones at all if Dwight has to step out to contest a shot.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe you thinking Jamal bro?

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

and hitting threes

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're thinking JAMAL Crawford.

Jordan Crawford was traded from the Celtics to the Warriors this past season.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I dunno if this is reliable but:

@DYST_Now: SOURCE: Detroit Pistons are actively working the phone lines. Looking to work a sign & trade w Greg Monroe. Pelicans & Rockets in the hunt.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Guys I like and who I'd like to have depending on the situation:

Bledsoe
    Sessions
    Nelson

Ray Allen
    Jimmer
    Brandon Rush

Mike Miller
    Shawn Marion
    Wesley Johnson

Blair
    Ed Davis
    Humphries

O'Neal

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Man.

If he developed any type of a jump shot he would fit perfectly with our core. He is a great passer and can slide to the 4, again IF he gets a jump shot.

18. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

How about Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, or Elton Brand? Then we can finally say we got our third star

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'll take Jameer and Marion... add Capela..... retain Daniels.... and try to swing something for a better option at pf. TJones/DMo are not starting caliber....

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I agree. A backup center and some depth. But not somebody to potentially take away minutes from the young guys. I don't think Humphries would have made much of a difference against the Blazers and really, I don't care if he did. Maybe he helps you win one more series, but what's the end game there?

I want Jones and D-Mo to play. A lot. Let them put up numbers. If you want them to improve (and build up their value) you need to give them consistent playing time.

I agree. I just don't think that guy has to be a PF. I'm not even all that high on D-Mo (anymore), but you gotta at least give him a shot to build up his value.

Morey likes his SFs to be good rebounders, anyway, and backup SF is the most glaring need IMO, so that's where I'd look to bring in a plus-rebounder.
    Guys like Shawn Marion and Jordan Hamilton would be fits and though I, too, don't love Hamilton, I'd be just fine with him for a year.
    Mike Miller is probably just good enough on the boards, too, and would bring some shooting and secondary playmaking as well.