1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 790 in the 8:00am hour

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 14, 2014.

1. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

I went through the whole thread and did not see his 610 recap. I saw the 790 one but not the 610 one. If anyone has that recap, I'd most appreciate it.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

They'll make it but they won't be a top 4 seed - more like a 6th or 7th as things now stand.

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

At least he spelled Morey correctly. It's More plus a y. Not Murray, Moery, Muray, Moeery. SMH

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Maury?

5. scottie brooks

exactly. very good point.

6. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Everyone seems to excited about this quote. Keep in mind it comes from a guy who has won zero championships and he is putting down the method of a guy who has won a championship and competed for more.

7. HillBoy

Totally on point. This would have been the prudent course to follow instead Morey gambled big time and lost big time. And these issues still have to be addressed.

No question about your conclusion. I found Morey's comments this morning rather quaint especially his shot at Cuban which, by the way, is the very definition of low hanging fruit. Everyone knows that the Mavericks couldn't draft their way out of a brown paper bag. The part that brought the biggest chuckle to me was when Morey channeled the 2012 version of Mark Cuban who broke up a championship team in order to maintain "financial flexibility".

What's disheartening is that Morey's f'up has certainly rescued Cuban & Nelson who were facing a dismal off season of animosity from angry, disenchanted MFFLs. You should hear the gleeping on Dallas sports talk radio right now. It would drive all the red koolaid drinkers insane. All I'm hearing how much Morey screwed up and ended up leaving his team worse off. Cuban is so happy right now, he is beside himself with glee.

8. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

You are not taking into account the fact that Dirk, who is a max player still, took 10 million so that they could overpay someone to get them here. If you add Dirk and Parsons together for 25 million its not a bad deal. Also before you try and tell me Dirk is not a max player anymore don't forget that Houston offered him a max deal already.

9. scottie brooks

Similar in the fact that they are 3 and D guys.
    He doesn't need to create his own shot with Harden on the floor. He just needs to be open when Harden Hits him with the ball and be ready to hit that 3.

10. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I got a chance to listen to it off the 790 blog. At some points he did not sound like he believed what he was saying, but he made an argument for it still. In particular, the comment about us being better by playoffs next year than we finished. I just do not think that is true unless at least a couple more dominos fall.

11. scottie brooks

Of course you keep good players. We kept Harden and Dwight on the team didn't we?

12. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

How is our no set offense gonna work now we are a walk it up team?

13. HillBoy

Sorry, simply could not resist posting this picture:
    [​IMG]

What a goober...

14. scottie brooks

Sure you pay the tax... Just not for Role players like Parsons.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

For somebody who is very rich, you'd think he'd have a stylist or somebody to keep him from dressing like a 43 year old suburban dad, circa 1998.

16. battousai

battousai Member

well, I am hoping Morey could somehow convince Love to come to Rox instead of Cavs.

17. scottie brooks

Parsons for the max is not your 2nd best player on your team. Not your 3rd best either. If he was he would still be a Rocket. Dirk is a great player. Why would I say Dirk isn't a great player deserving the max?

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yep. Morey broke up a first round joke of an exit embarrassment for financial flexibility to get better. That's just like Cuban breaking up a title team.

He specifically said he thinks other dominoes WILL fall by then.

What if they sign Shawn Marion to a cheap deal and a backup center. Season starts, Nick Johnson turns out to be the new Chandler Parsons, Canaan develops into a consistent option as a shooter, same with Daniels, Jones improves on defense and then they use their TPE to acquire a guy like Illyasova.

Are they better by the playoffs next year? I'd say they are for sure.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When you have that much $$$, I doubt you care what others think about how you dress.

DD

20. scottie brooks

Probably won't happen, unfortunately.