1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember this Day Time Capsule July 13th Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaonlyLA, Jul 13, 2014.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Harden alone.

I think Dwight might fly away depending on this coming season...
    Bev gonna get paid someday.
    can we get back Aaron Brooks?

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

We can still most definitely be a top 4 team. We just need replacements for Asik and Lin, which shouldn't be hard to do. Daniels can develop into something special.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

While the offseason didnt turn out how we want it, we are not left with scraps. Maybe not championship material uet, but a championship foundation is still there, and we have enough talent to make a playoff run in the deep west. I say 5th seed with a second round appearance in the playoffs.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I still believe in this team. I think we will advance to the second round atleast. I trust morey. Ofcourse he had made some mistakes, but i think he took a risk that was worth to take.

Go rockets.

5. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

It's Over...Great move Morey!

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Are you Nostradamus? I agree with this fully. Except add in that the anti-Morey fanatics will continue to criticize his every move vaguely but vocally. It'll never be known what exactly it is that they want or expect, but they'll be there screaming for heads to roll.

This will be Clutcfans' new war.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

If those players (Griffin,Durant,Duncen,LMA,Dirk) get some sort of long term injury we will win WCF

8. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

I predict the Rockets will be the 4 seed, Mavs 5. I want a playoff series with these two teams going at it, and I want to see the Mavs get destroyed. That is all.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Things will only better from here on out. In Morey i still and will trust.

10. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I predict Parsons to have a either a Kawhi Leonard or James Harden type of fate to unwind for him, only because he has a good owner (as much as we hate him, he's the perfect owner) and a proven coach, system, and mentor in Carlisle and Nowitzki. Like Lowry and Scola, he will only use the paycheck as motivation and an incentive to continue working hard.

Jeremy Lin will blossom in his role with the Lakers ONLY if Kobe and Nash don't play. As we all know, Jeremy Lin does well when he has the reigns to the offense and is the primary option. He's had a couple of good performances when Harden was out injured. Maybe Nash will teach him his tricks like he did with Goran Dragic. However, Kobe is 100% as of now so Lin will play similar to the way he played this past season in Houston

Omer Asik will not really do much in NOLA, neither will Casspi. Asik will probably hate being on a losing team and wish he never wanted to leave the Rockets.

Nick Johnson will be Harden's backup after playing a large portion of the season in the D-League. Expect to see a Jones/Beverley type progression.

DMo will get the playing time he deserves.

This may be optimistic thinking, but there's a reason Morey signs these under-the-radar players for cheap and doesn't trade them. Isaiah Canaan, Robert Covington, and Troy Daniels are all players known best for their sharpshooting. Trevor Ariza does not shoot as at high of a percentage, but is valuable for his wing defense, championship experience, and is able to be a veteran--something that was previously lacking (and hookah man Garcia wasn't cutting it).

These players all seem hard-working and dedicated, and the team doesn't have to pay a fortune to get them. They will finally get minutes and Morey will be smiling when he has the last laugh.

There was a time when Ginobili and Parker were nobodies. Say all you want about McHale, but if he has the right players to motivate and lead to a common goal, that's half of what he needs.

Out: Lin, Asik, Casspi, Parsons
    In (or more playing time): Ariza, Canaan, Covington, Daniels

Huge difference in the lifestyles, personalities, and viewpoints of the first group and the second group (except Parsons).

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

FWIW, TA's 8.0 WS already offsets CP25's 7.6 WS. Now it's just a matter of offsetting Asik's 2.4 WS and Lin's 4.4 WS with the remaining $$$. Come to think of it, CB4 at a staggering 8.0 WS would have totally erased the deficit! Oh well. C'est la vie.

Hrm, I think I've got Morey figured out. Hire me as the next GM, Les, ya cheap b*stard! I'll work for 1/10th of what you're paying Morey!

I can see the team doing just as well in the regular season. But post season, which requires heart, motivation and chemistry, will be a different story. It wouldn't shock my conscience if the team underperforms in the post-season relative to its regular season records.

12. conquistador#11

If we get our offense to flow through howard more, we will still be 4th or 5th. If we don't change and harden continues to nap on defense, cue the andre ware.."uh oh"

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hello future Tizzle,
    remember that we won the WC this day and you witnessed it.

Now to my NBA predictions:

Trust in Darnyl Mowray, he may have not succeeded this off-season but maintained cap flexibility and will land a third star at the trade deadline or summer of 2015.

In one year we'll see Love, Durant, Millsap or Rondo on our team and we'll win the championship once in the next four years.

Parsons will never live up to his contract and Dallas will ride the mediocrity treadmill for the next years.

Oh, and Brian Cook will have one more significant season in the NBA and remind everyone of his greatness.

14. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

I believe if the Rockets focus on getting a great defensive coach, it will be like having acquired a great FA in terms of team improvement.

I believe the new Ariza with our stars will make it easy to get over Parsons.

I am excited to see Troy Daniels be in the regular rotation-standing 5 ft behind the 3pt line saying to opponents, " If you don't know, you better ask somebody!":grin:

15. rock34

rock34 Member

We will be fine. Everyone is over reacting. I believe
    Some of our young guys will step up and Morey will
    Add some quality veterans to the mix who will
    contribute.

I think this roster changes set us up
    To really play more of off Howard like in the playoffs.
    Harden will have the whole season to adjust
    And really learn how manage when he needs to take
    It over to take us over the top and everyone else
    From there will find their roll on the team.

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I think we'll be a five seed and Dallas will be a four. It could be switched around. Houston wins the series in 5 and loses in the second round to OKC.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

as long as he keeps getting his bigbootyhoe fix in houston we should be fine

18. Fantasma Negro

Some ppl on here need to contact me so I can get you in touch with my dealer. Yall need to relax. There are plenty of players that can contribute to this team still out there. Plenty of moves still to be made

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Still plenty of talents and the roster will improve with incremental moves by DM along the way. And still plenty way to stink it up with McHale at the helm. I'm thinking the Rockets will do a bit better - 2nd round exit.

20. varughese.arun

Eye tell ya' whut

HELL YEA! Rockets will go deep in the Western Playoffs.
    Ariza for 8 >>>> Parsons for 15

PARSONS, bro... Lebron makes 21.1 million next year, I just don't think you're worth 15 mill. The Rockets fans who watched every game Parsons play since he became a Rocket know he is not worth it.
    15 million for that shot? Put a little more arch into your shot Parsons.

But, of course, I don't blame you for signing; I blame Cuban for offering.
    Cuban, you are annoying pest; I can't believe you gave Parsons 15million.
    Well, I shouldn't be that surprised, you like the flash huh?

You are the dumb-ass who decided to offer Kaman more money than he's worth. Then you decided to "salvage" things by giving Dalembert more money than he's worth. Oh, and you also decided to let go of TYSON CHANDLER, one of the 2 GUYs WHO GOT YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP! The YEAR AFTER he put a ring on your finger, you decided that he's not worth a 14 million contract. But, 4 years later, after he got injured a few more times, you decide that he IS WORTH 14 million a year.
    But, what really defines your character is that, you offered more money to Parsons, a guy who was just kicked out of the playoffs in the 1st round, than Tyson Chandler, the the guy who WON YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP?

Its okay Cuban, you got caught up in the flash huh?
    You're the stupid fly that follows the glow towards the Trap-N-Zap.