1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Les & Rox REALLY about winning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets just didn't do the right thing.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is going too far

3. BAM

BAM Member

DaDakota is the biggest moron on clutchfans, not sure why so many people value his opinion. All he does he complain about everything, the guy is never happy about anything the rockets do.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, they are not about winning, they are about roster flexibility, which as we all know is the #1 goal of any NBA franchise.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's not get personal here.

I am happy lots of times, but I am also not afraid to voice a dissenting opinion from time to time.

If you feel differently, that's ok too - it is ok to love the Rox and disagree on how they manage the roster.

And I may very well be a Moron - you just never know.

:)

DD

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I am floored the way this has all unfolded.

King James - we all knew that wouldn't happen. No biggie.

Melo- Great scorer but that would not have been the best fit with Harden. The team would have been to weak on D mainly. They should have saved their time and money on the giant show.

Bosh- say what you want about him being soft. But the majority of "experts" said he was a perfect fit with our roster and I was excited when he said he'd come if James left. Morey did the right thing going all in for him. Maybe he should have put a hold on the Lin plus a 1st for another day. But all in all he did the right thing, Bosh just took more money and happy family over a real chance at a ring and legacy.

Parsons- who really knows if he was given that RFA status as a promise or not. Either way doesn't matter we should have matched him no matter what, once they let him out of the 4th year. Yes $15 mil is too much for Morey's value to performance system but with Ariza on the books for 4 years. At that point you have to gamble that Parsons and Harden will play better in the play-offs with Ariza helping out. The team needed to gel. We all said last year from Morey to McHale to all the fans on here to on the radio, and at the games, "WE NEED A GOOD WING 3 & D GUY". Garcia wasn't it, Hamilton came in for Brooks, he didn't hit a stride. Once we had Ariza in the fold we only need a little depth.

Where are we now?

In my mind we've got a better wing defender to fill in at SF, thats great BUT Asik was a plus down the stretch. So the back up C needs to be filled with a 12-15 minute guy. Lin was great & aweful at moments, and disappeared for weeks and looked like he might put it together for a string of games. Matching that performance won't be hard. Improving on that performance on the defensive end is already on the roster with Johnson.

Everyones favorite question who's playing the 4? Jones is what 22 years old? He played good, at times great. Jones can improve to another degree and he'll be a plus NBA power forward. Maybe he can get to 38% from the corners.

So to answer your question are the Rockets about winning? I say yes. They want flexibilty still. But I think they just missed their chance for next year by not matching Parsons. Unless they have a much better chance at Durant than we know about, or Love is still sending McHale Christmas cards and birthday presents they should have gone all in to see what kind of growth this team could make in 2 years. After that DH12 and Parsons would be opting out for new deals. If Parsons wasn't the guy let him go. If he opted in for the 3rd year trade him with a pick and pay the 15% kicker. Who knows at the end of the season $15 mil could have been a fair deal for Parsons. He was a leader on this team. He was still learning to be consistant much like Leonard did for the Spurs in the middle of the play-offs.

Morey you missed this one. I hope you find the way to get your 3rd guy. I've always said you'd know when to go all in but I can't say that today.

7. houactuar

houactuar Member

DD, stop acting like a CPOF. hE WASNt worth that kind of coin. get over it.

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Not true I've been reading on this site since 1997. He is not pleased like so many fans. He is no where near moron status. He doesn't complain anymore than most.

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

yes they did. enough with the bromannces for cp, he wasnt that cute.

10. DaDakota

He IS worth that kind of coin, because that is what the market determined.

Economics 101.

DD

11. devil_blue

devil_blue Member

Sometimes the market is wrong. Fwiw I personally was hoping they would sign him regardless.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Letting him become a RFA was because Morey agreed to pay him what the market decided, which makes him an even bigger idiot. You also pay according to your need, and with the dwight window closing..our need is BIGGER than Dallas.

1 person likes this.
  13. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Dragic. Morey wanted him over Lin but Alexander insisted.

Patterson. Other than stretching the floor, give me a good reason why he is better than Jones.

Parsons. He is not worth the money. From Parsons to Ariza, it is a lateral move, at least for the length of his contract. He is not worth the money.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The whole "we don't believe in the multiple stars model and Morey is a fool" crowd loves voicing that opinion. Yet, the biggest success story of that side is the Pistons in 04. Guess what, the Pistons did just what you described with Rasheed Wallace. Regardless of how you spin it, having the flexibility to pick up (through FA or trade) an amazing player whenever it comes along is how you win championship.

15. DaDakota

1 MILLION percent the only reason to let him become an RFA was if you were willing to match any offer.

This was a MAJOR blunder on Morey's part.

DD

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lol, please don't reference Economics. A basic premise in any form of fundamental econ is that investors in a market will behave rationally and logically.

-Miami did not do either of those things when they signed Bosh to that contract
    -Dallas did not do that when they poison pilled Parsons' contract to ruin even their own flexibility

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The chickens have come home to roost.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, it's over dude. Build a time machine if you want.

19. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Wrong. Value is subjective.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Les talks a lot about winning but he doesn't do much winning. Next time Morey says he's a great owner I'm going to puke,