1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will NOT match the Chandler Parsons offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, it is lost because we lose Asik, Lin and Parsons for Ariza. The team is worse, went from a team that could grow into contender, to a team wasting a season incase we can get a star after swinging and missing 5 or 6 times in the same off-season.

All we gained is cap flexability. No real trade assets, worse team short term and long term.

Saying the team would be the same with Parsons is moronic. It really is. With Parsons we may have improved out win total by a few games.

This team will be fighting for the 6th and 7th seed.

SAS, OKC, Clippers, Portland, Golden State > Houston

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Rockets' tumultuous offseason takes a self-destructive turn

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

We did well against Portland, Golden State and the Spurs.

Minus Parsons, Lin, Asik replaced by Ariza puts us below those other teams.

4. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

Smart decision. Parsons is clearly overrated on this bbs. Now Cuban can overpay him.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Parsons value was his contract/production. Now his contract and production is the opposite of what it was. He's being paid James Harden money, and won't be producing the same production. Ariza is basically being paid half of what Parsons is, and will be the 3&D player we need. He and Parsons both would need to start, and I wouldn't like either at the 4 spot.

6. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

Sources: Parsons did not want Houston to match. Wants to be family in Dallas, not an asset in Houston. Cuban sold him.

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

We'll probably still be better than Golden State, that team plays absolutely no defense.

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

What I was saying was this team as is (without Asik, Lin; + Ariza) will not be much worse with or without Parsons. I'm not comparing them to last years team.

1 person likes this.
  9. redhotrox

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons message 2Rockets fans:&quot;I hope there's no hard feelings.It's a business &amp; I had to do what's best 4my own individual career&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488515622582484992">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Chandler Parsons: &quot;I have nothing but love &amp; the utmost respect 4Houston &amp; the organization,especially the fans.I'll miss them a lot&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488515764769419264">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons:&quot;It's been crazy. Obviously when I signed that offer sheet w/Dallas it was exciting. It was an unbelievable deal 4me(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488517193181573122">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Parsons: &quot;&amp; my family. It's a perfect situation 4me. At that point it was win-win 4me, whether going 2Dallas or coming back 2Houston&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488517281719144448">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

10. PeppermintCandy

I have no problem with Cuban giving rich deal to Parsons to pry him away from the Rockets. It's similar to the "poison pill" moves Morey has become notorious for.

But it seems kind of a d*** move to not even consider a sign-and-trade option because it might help the opposing team.

Regardless, it's not over yet for Houston. Not matching Parsons' deal gives Morey some room to add another key player going forward. Hopefully a move happens in the near future.

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Asik was barely in the rotation last year and Lin's production can be replaced.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I still don't understand why we let him become a RFA.

I don't like Ariza, but I rather have Ariza at 8 mil vs Chandler at 15 mil.

13. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplayers%2Fp%2Fparsoch01.html&div=div_per_game"></script>

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hmmmm why'd the mavs help the rockets by doing a S&T? What benefit would that give to dallas? There's no guarantee rockets will ever find their 3rd "big 3".... they dont come by often.

15. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Just looking over the stats for Chandler the past two seasons, his improvements seemed pretty nominal. Decline in FG% and 3PT% and a 1.1 ppg improvement. Addition of the defensive struggles incline me to agree with the move even more.

16. clutz

clutz Member

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

We lost 3/5 of the starting 5 of the playoff team from 2 years ago and a big part of the rotation from last year, and we get back a journeyman who needs to thrive under a great pg which we don't have now. So good luck next season. The business side of thing, we lost a big chunk of Asian viewers as well as Parsons' female supporters, LOL. Good job Morey.

18. redhotrox

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons on joining Dallas: &quot; &quot;I viewed myself as an up &amp; coming star in this league. They were the ones that made the offer(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488518928801349634">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Chandler Parsons: &quot;&amp; look at me like a franchise-max player. That's what I wanted. I want to be a priority. I want a bigger role(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488519036477505537">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Chandler Parsons: &quot;..Mark Cuban and Coach Carlisle made that clear to me, that's how they view me &amp; that's what I'll be in Dallas.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488519177016057857">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons on joining Dallas: &quot; &quot;I viewed myself as an up &amp; coming star in this league. They were the ones that made the offer(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488518928801349634">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Chandler Parsons: &quot;&amp; look at me like a franchise-max player. That's what I wanted. I want to be a priority. I want a bigger role(more)</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488519036477505537">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Chandler Parsons: &quot;..Mark Cuban and Coach Carlisle made that clear to me, that's how they view me &amp; that's what I'll be in Dallas.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/488519177016057857">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

Lol franchise player

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And where is the - "Thank you Mr. Alexander and thank you Daryl Morey for letting me out of my contract a year early. You didn't have to. I'm extremely grateful and will never forget the kindness you showed me, and that you not only took a chance on me in the draft when every team in the league hadn't, but gave me the opportunity to develop my game to the point that I was able to get this tremendous contract from Dallas. My time in Houston is something I will always look back on as one of the best times of my life."

1 person likes this.