1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Can we all stop acting like Asik was some kind of major contributer to our 54 wins? He pouted and missed a huge chunk of time with a "contusion" (last I checked aka a bruise) while he pouted. He HAD to go, so stop acting like losing him was part of this major fail of an offseason. We got a 1st round pick for him on top if that.

2. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I told my rep was wait to see the roster. Not looking too good to me at those new prices.

3. vernonmaxwell11

haha, icing on the cake my friend.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Small, short contracts...how good will we be?

Les and Morey run this like a small market team. As long as that is the case, don't expect the best results.

5. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Let's not forget we were on the verge of having 4 max players... We aren't cheap, we're unlucky!

7. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I am lost for words and I hope Morey learned something this offseason. I really do, his plan struck out. We have lost a big part of our core, and for what???? To bring back Ariza and sign VALUE to protect our precious flexibility. Complete crap. I guess Morey is telling Dwight and harden they will have to wait to win a championship in 2016

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

does dwight not have any pull? nor harden?

does our coaching staff have respect around the league?

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well then he ****ed up.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is the flaw in Morey's system - there is always something better it is shiny object in the stream.

Letting Parsons go for a much worse player in Ariza to save money is bad for the team's competitiveness, and makes me question whether the team is really all about winning at all.

DD

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We could end up in last place of the division!
    NOT EVEN BULLSitting!

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Only then. But now he refuses to build a better team. Wants to go cheap.

13. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

15% trade kicker and player option on a 3 year deal.. Parsons know he wasn't the final pice.. his contract says it all.. I won't be an Asset!

14. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I am beyond pissed. This sucks.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

For the coming season, we really have until the trade deadline to add somebody. That is what Morey is looking at now, the trade deadline in February.

16. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I'm glad we lost Parsons at that price and I'm glad we signed twice the defender at half the price

And I think he's gonna surprise everyone with his offense

17. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

What exactly do you mean by that last bit, bc it makes you sound like a cynical 13 year old. Of course the goal is winning. We all knew what the plan was.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Exactly, this wasn't a problem for Dream and Glide. Just another example of how today's society has gone to pot.

19. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

But even with the commitment, he couldn't have signed Bosh until Sunday anyway. Why push that through? Heck, it seemed like S&T with Miami was what was going to have to happen and that deal would have to be folded in anyway. We gave away a 1st for nothing and won't replace Lin's on court value for 2015.

Agree on Parsons and short term. We will be worse the next two years and aren't likely to have much more if any real flexibility to acquire impact talent anyway. The only risk was the player option and he is pretty likely to opt out if the cap jumps by more than 25% like many are predicting.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think the Rockets will sign Boozer. I'm hoping they get Dragic.