1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The real choice today: Chandler/Ariza or Ariza/Love or Millsap or Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sherlock, Jul 13, 2014.

?

Which combo would you choose?

1. Chandler/Ariza

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Love/Ariza

57 vote(s)
    69.5%
  3. Millsap/Ariza

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Rondo/Ariza

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. mazinger

mazinger Member

Morey took a gamble and failed. Had we kept Lin, Asik and Parson, we would have had same team. not good. He's the only GM with big enough balls to attempt these kind of moves. IN MOREY I STILL TRUST!!!

[​IMG][/img]

1 person likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We won't have cap space.

3. do work son

do work son Member

I love people thinking that cap space to get Kevin Love actually means getting Kevin Love. Did you not see what Bosh just did to us?

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We have no assets now
    The West got stronger we did not. We ma be worse due to chemisry.

Morey is banking on that 3rd star.. didn't really work out this year. No guarantee it will next either

5. TheresTheDagger

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

You know how you get Love or Rondo or whomever? You have assets to TRADE TO THEM...because they mostly don't sign with Houston.

Now, we simply have one less asset. A very talented asset Morey let walk for nothing.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What are the chances that any of these three will choose Houston as a free agent. We had all the flexibility in the world and did not land one. And this was with Parsons on the roster.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

All will be traded before the deadline and resign with their new teams. Can't believe Morey and Les aren't smart enough to see that.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Actually, I was being sarcastic, but thanks for the response anyway.

9. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

BIMA THUG, are you out there to explain our remaining options?

We're not as "broke" as some of you are groaning about ... lol ... geesh ... We swung for the fence, and struck out on this time to bat, but Morey's smart as it comes with shrewd moves, and there are lots of more times up to bat before next year's playoffs.

I'm sure the Rocket's front office ran this choice and other possible options by our 2 stars before making this decision, and what the consensus was on pursuing a championship.

10. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

And what's wrong with that?

Signed,
    Tim Duncan and Tony Parker

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I'm driving over to the Toyota Center now to slap some since into these NERDY guys. Anybody wanna join me?

12. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

*sense, before I get corrected by some nerd

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Who do we have on our team that we could trade for Kevin Love? Parsons was the player that the other teams wanted. TJones has some trade value, but it's going to take more than that and some draft picks to get Love.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Assuming Rockets go through with Asik trade for pick + NG'teed deals, they can create ~$10.8M in additional cap room w/o further trades...</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/488453919375249408">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...or they can operate over cap, retain MLE ($5.3M), BAE ($2.1M), Asik TPE (~$5.4M?), NG'teed contracts, etc.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/488454261437505539">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Yes, it seems that as much as dm talks about free agency as a way to improve the team, it appears there are really only two ways: draft, current player improvement. I don't buy these guys talking about the next FA class and let's save space for durant. He ain't coming, nobody coming. Not to say its a bad org ... I think we r great, but for some strange - ass reason ain't nobody got time to sign with the rox.