1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden for Kevin Love if need be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 18, 2014.

?

Would you trade Harden for Love?

1. Yes, I would do anything for Love.

22.8%
  2. No, I won't do that.

77.2%
  1. Remii

Remii Member

You mean like he helped TJ :confused:

That ish don't work because these power forwards can play away from the basket.

None of these guys can really shut each other down...

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unlike some here, I don't think your idea is completely outrageous. There's an honest argument to be made there, with the caveat, of course, that Love would have to agree to an extension much like Harden did. However, you've hurt your argument, Carl, by being so unrelenting in your criticism of Harden. The multiple threads, the numerous posts taking every opportunity to attack him. Just saying, bro, that you've sorta made your own bed when it comes to this topic. A pity, because like I said, one could make this argument and not be considered a lunatic, in my humble opinion. I'm not saying it's something I want to do, just that it's something that isn't as absurd as many would believe.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Love is a glorified spot up 3pt point shooter. He's a pick & pop player that'll get his points off pass 1st point guards. Harden's ability to create is why he's more valuable. I'd trade Harden or Paul George though

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You are talking about the guy who won the WCF for OKC right?

So one bad series makes a career.... at least he has played playoff basketball, Kevin? Kevin???

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Love doesn't want to come here.
    Parsons can opt out with his player option, even if Houston matches him.

Harden's trade value isn't all that good, after the 1st round exit.

6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Hellllll nooooo

7. Postcall

Postcall Member

Oh hells yeah! Love and Dwight front court go get a pg that can create maybe Bledsoe or Dragic he'll even Isiah Thomas.

8. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Lolllz please watch basketball. Love isn't even close the player Harden is. Love is not Webber & Harden not Richmond.
    - Love can't even get to the playoffs. Harden carried a team to the playoffs, and Harden single handedly got in the Spurs head, and made the shots to take his team to the Finals.
    - He has had a Finals failure, and first round failure on his record, but he has been clutch, effiiecent, and young, maybe hasn't even hit his peak yet either.

9. Postcall

Postcall Member

Outside of Houston everybody takes Love > Harden. Sorry to break it to you but lets agree to disagree. But Harden is not the superstar that Love is imho.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Just posting an example of people outside Houston who think Harden(4) is better than Love(11).

Granted, these are from before last season, but Harden was 1st team all NBA last season (Love was 2nd team) and Harden also got 85 MVP votes as opposed to Love's 25.

So I would say that there are plenty of people outside of Houston that would take Harden over Love.

1 person likes this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL, Postcall just got it handed to him!

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's a guard's game. Harden especially once he's developed his mid-range game will be DEADLY.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

and once he takes pride in defensive efforts..he will be into mvp consideration. H and H boys this year.

14. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why hadn't so stupid thread locked up?
    Morey always likes to trade his assets, but he isn't stupid to trade Harden.
    Nba is a business organization, but some rules still can't be broken out there.
    If Morey trades Harden, I don't think any elite free agents will come to Houston

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Three bad series.

Finals against the Heat and he struggled in both the series he has played as a Rocket.

Not sure why you would say he won the series for OKC. He was a 6th man playing behind Durant and WB. He was an offensive sparkplug and one of my fav. non Rocket players. Not the same pressure as being the main guy on offense.

His last two seasons as a Rockets have shown that there is a difference between regular season vs playoffs Harden.

I am not saying that we put Harden on the trading block but if a situation presents itself where you could replace him with something better, Rockets should at least consider it.

#216 Zboy, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What rules?

Harden didn't sign with Houston as a free agent with promises of being a franchise player for a contending like Dwight was.

He was TRADED to Houston because he wanted more money than OKC was willing to offer. He agreed to a max extension and I doubt that Morey had to promise to keep him forever to entice him to do that-- it was a 5 year MAX contract, he wasn't gonna get that much from any other team on the market next season and would be restricted any more.

Harden was promised his salary, and nothing more. Anything beyond that is dictated by how he plays on the court. If he played both ends of the floor, or at least showed respectable defensive effort like a franchise player should, there would not be any reason to trade him as there wouldn't be any better available options out there than Harden. But he is a flawed player and the team must consider its options if better ones are there.

And it's not like Morey's reputation would be sullied any more anyway. People already know that he treats players like assets and players like Asik and Kevin Martin got mad at him and he plays hardball with restricted FAs. People know what Morey is already.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The Rockets fans r a very special group in NBA
    This group guys always discuss to trade the team's players
    LAC fans disagree to discuss to trade Griffen for Lebron or Melo.
    GS fans disagree to discuss to trade Kay Thampsons for Love
    CLE fans disagree to discuss to trade Wiggins for Love
    why do only the ROC fans disrespect their players? These guys always think other team's players better than own team's players

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I always love how fans demand players to be loyal to a team - while not being loyal to their own players. I get that players are assets and you want to improve your team. But you should stay loyal to your most important players.

Harden came here and fully embraced the city and the team. He plays close to 40 minutes every night, giving his all. Yeah, his defense sucks and in the playoffs he looked just plain tired. But he is still really young, extremely talented and just learned how to play with a dominant big man. Let him learn under a defensive mastermind (who we hopefully sign soon) and mature a bit.

And let's net pretend Love is LeBron here. Love is injury prone and a two trick pony. He has a good outside shot (not as great as most people seem to believe) and an elite rebounder. His defense is at least as bad as Hardens and the rest of his offensive game is good but not great. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if we could get him - he'd be a great addition and I consider him a top 5 PF. But he is not the kind of guy I would trade the best SG of the league for.

The only players I'd trade Harden for is LeBron and Durant - maybe Davis. And not because I believe Harden is the 3d or 4th best player in the league - but because I think he is right there with the rest and we should be loyal to our own guys.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Carl has a point. Love is two way player that's also known for defense. I mean.. How else can Love lead his team to the playoffs the way Harden hasn't?