1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Johnson Triple-Double Highlights vs Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by howardsucks, Jul 12, 2014.

1. nt24

nt24 Member

Can help but get excited watching these highlights. How is he on defense?

2. Remii

Remii Member

He's a good defender. I just don't know if he's ready for the pros yet. He looks good against other D-League bound guys _ but Payton made him look like hot garbage on both sides of the ball in the Orlando game. He had an extremely difficult time getting his shot off and couldn't guard him at all. Payton didn't even break a sweet.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Sweat... my bad.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Like a doofus I accidently deleted this game from my DVR. Thanks for the highlights. Rockets got a keeper.

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Can we sign and trade parsons for him?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Eric Snow is a really low bar comparison. The guy had no offense. Couldn't shoot a three. Took 36 mpg for him at age 28 to ever break 10ppg in his career. He only didit three times

If that's what you hope Johnson to be, we already have one: Patrick Beverley..

Cat scored 13 in his very first NBA game shooting 3-3 from 3s and the game winner, no?

Cat scored 10ppg with those three HOFers. That's not easy

Yeah. DMo could have ran the point with Hakeem, Barkley and #33

Talk to me when you guys want to stop saying things that are categorically saying nothing

Fact is: Cat was a rookie starter at PG for a contending Rockets team and you guys want to claim that is not good enough for Nick

You'd rather have a rookie Eric Snow. Sigh. Patrick Beverley is already better than Snow ever was.

Raise the bar on Johnson,,, we want him as good as Cuttino. :p

7. heypartner

I think you just described Cuttino Mobley, except Cat could actually drive to the basket unlike TWill

Lols

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think he's just Courtney Lee with Courtney Lee athleticism. We forget how good Lee was. If Johnson can replicate that level of play then we got a steal.

9. heypartner

But Lee is SG/SF, and Nick can't cover SFs like Lee...he's too short

What you're saying is you want a shorter version of Lee who can play PG/SG, dribble and shoot

Who am I thinking of?

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

The lone bright spot so far in the off season. I see loads of potential in this guy. He has the "it" factor. You either have "it" or you don't. His motor is revved high. Plus he has all the skills. I think he will break into the rotation this upcoming season.

11. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

If we don't use up the rest of our cap space, I hope we can sign him to a Parsons contract.

12. newAge_Rockets

Cautiously optimistic about Nick J. Kid looks like an absolute baller, and a steal in the second round. I only hold reservations because summer league has fooled me before. I remember when Lamb played like a superstar, but good ole Morey was able to flip him for a real superstar before OKC learned Lamb was a dud. Of course, Scott Brooks' coaching has probably stunted Lamb's potential growth.

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

The kid is a player and CLEARLY better than the scrubs he's playing against in SL.

Dude was a steal, and yet another Morey value pick.

He will see plenty of tick....or will be included in a trade the will net the Rox that needed piece.

Either way....he's gonna benefit the Rox one way or another.

Would prefer to start seeing the Rox grow talent, but we'll see.

I can see dude being a fan favorite if he stays.

The dunks alone will have EVERYONE hype!

But oh, he can shoot and has good floor awareness, plus high bball IQ too?

Cant lose with this one...

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Kind of reminds me of Steve Francis, hopefully with bigger hands and minus the urge to start a record label.

15. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Squid could have been someone, man.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Nick should play only PG. He's too small for playing the 2/3

17. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Highlights might be misleading, but I like this kid. Looks decisive and in control. Really athletic and has decent skills attacking the rim.

Time will tell if he can make the right plays, defend at a basic level, and stretch the floor as a backup point. Summer league ball is basically YMCA style in terms of intensity.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nick Johnson :p

1 person likes this.
  19. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

He's ready to contribute.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He might end up in the rotation this season, if he can be consistent. I don't know if he can eventually become a full time point guard or not, or a solid backup at the one, but some of those passes surprised me.