1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do with Collier, maddox and Morris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3 kids, Jun 9, 2003.

1. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I agree, but I would not sign with Houston if I am him. He will never get playing time thus will never have a chance to succeed and hell make some money.

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I think we need to do whatever we can to keep Collier. He's proven he can play in this league and is probably the best 3rd string center in the game. If Cato or Yao were to get hurt it would be smart to have JC available.

3. Nova

Nova Member

I'm glad TMo is getting some love finally. Yes, resign TMo... Collier and Maddox we can do without...

4. SLA

SLA Member

Oh yeah...that's right! Good point... :(

Oh well. We don't really need him, unless Bostjan Nachbar is really a bust!

Hopefully Steve Francis can convince him to stay here.

5. lived

lived Member

Well, with the coaching change confirmed, he should be sticking around for awhile more... who knows, Collier might just take his bucks and sit on IR for awhile longer hoping that VG will give him some minutes.

What's the word on Posey? If he wants incredible moolahs from us to stay on, he can forget it.. We can play Hawkins and TMo over him..

I read somewhere that Francis said he's willing to shift to the 2? In that case we could try getting a steller PG.. maybe a trade to up our draft status to get a midrange PG... but that might be too risky (Francis wouldn't go for it I think), so it's more possible if we try to trade.

How about Posey(sign'n'trade) Collier and Maddox to Chicago for Crawford plus others.. Something to that extent..

6. lived

lived Member

I'd be great if we can play a small lineup which includes Francis, TMo, Boki and even Posey.. they can run, they can shoot.. defence definately suspect, but that would be exciting..

Hopefully Boki regains some confidence over the summer leagues, he wasn't play anywhere near what he's capable of.

7. wheelhouse74

wheelhouse74 Member

to the guy that was qouted as saying ""I grew up in S.Central Texas, nearly an equal distance to Houston or Dallas and I made a historical blunder...all my friends became Cowboy fans and grew up happy and liberal. I became an Oiler fan and became embittered and conservative" don't try and pawn yourself off as clever, you stole that quote from someone else. i forgot the man who actually said it but he was referencing his growing up between chicago and st. louis and how he decided to become a cubs fan. come on, be original.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Your probably right, after all, he shot well from beyond the arc last season right? Oh no, wait, last year he shot 19%. In his final year at Maryland, 29% from the college three. He can't shoot three pointers. His FG% dropped every year that he played 20+ minutes in college. He is a good garbage time player, but a big waste of a first round pick and should not get more than the minimum.

9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

this is an easy question to answer. Terence Morris may come back, probably will, but the other 2 are gone, no chance otherwise

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Macbeth has that as his signature.

11. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

I WANT MORRIS!! Cause of the little of minutes he played this season he showed he could do things!! I say keep him and get rid of the other two!!:D

12. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

TRock is a bargain. He was the Rocket's 3rd leading overall FG % shooter on the team!

Stupidmoniker ought to do his homework instead of trying to distort stats. Terence shot 35.1%, 35.5, and 36.5 in his first three years at Maryland at the three point line when he averaged, 16, 29 and 32 minutes per game.

PS Many times I have read on the Clutch board that the Rockets need better teamwork. You won't find a better team player than Terence, a Red Auerbach team type player. Now there was basketball at it's best during the Celtic dynasty years. I once heard Red Auerbach say at a banquet that he did not have the best players, but that the Celtics knew how to play better TOGETHER. FREDTERP

#32 Fredterp, Jun 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2003
  13. SLA

SLA Member

Exactly! Terence is a team player! He just doesn't have confidence...he could be a good bench player in the future.