1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's a distressing lack of leaked info on the Rockets plans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 11, 2014.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Both 1 and 2 are huge stretches. Atlanta's not trading Millsap since they are trying to win. And Stephenson's not going to sign with anyone unless it's a huge, near-max if not max contract. He's clearly licking his chops after seeing Heyward and Parsons get their money.

I honestly don't see how we can get Deng or Ariza for anything less than a huge deal. Way too many buyers and not even players to spend it on. This offseason is clearly a seller's (player) market. I'm much more interested in seeing what's up in the trade market. We have tons of picks we can use.

2. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like letting Parsons get paid a year early?

3. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

I have a dream job. Morey is really a down to earth guy. Only problem I have with him is that he will not listen to me when I tell him he needs to lay off the onion rings (inside joke).

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

5. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

At this point I wish we had time to overpay Greg Monroe. 6' 11" 24 years old. Detroit offering 5 years $60 - that is only $12 mil per, but we have to sign Chandler before Detroit decides on offer sheet. Argh. Do we have anything to trade Detroit or the Bucks for Irsan Ilyasova or Atlanta for Millsap?

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well Millsap is a FA next season - and of course Atlanta is a long way from actually contending. Plus we have some assets (TE, NOLA pick, our pick, TJones, DMo...).

Stephenson? Yeah, he`ll want money and he'll get it. I think we'd need to offer him something like 13 million per year. Overpayed? Sure. But we are all in anyways so, why not.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Why are you posting so much? Did Morey send you to calm the masses?

8. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Y'all really think the Rockets organization would be okay with an employee of theirs releasing info on an Internet message board? Please. I was born at night, but not last night.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good for you, you've made your point. Now shut up so the rest of us can enjoy his posts.

10. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

LOL. This dude must be loving this. Making y'all believe he is some kind of insider. Hilarious.

11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I know the RFA stuff complicates things....but what if we negotiate a deal that's more than their 12 mil per, then instead of signing offer sheet,we go to Detroit and ask if they want our NO pick in a sign and trade??? S&T would speed up the process wouldn't it? I'm not even sure if such a scenario is possible or allowable, just thinking out loud after I am finally coming out of my depressed state with the bosh situation.

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

It's the only solace we have in these dark times... :(

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Seriously, Roe started off with "found this out from a source, don't shoot the messenger" to "I'm in the war room and I have inside jokes with Morey." If he's legit, great. But he stated his last name was Roe in a previous post - if he were really this close to Morey, don't you think we'd be able to identify a Roe working for the Rockets?

It's obvious we have to make a move, preferrably today. He's likely just hedging his bets.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

15. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Exactly. Any of us could predict these things. I told my buddy that Lebron was going to return to Cleveland before he even opted out. Does this make me an insider/employee of the team? Sounds like this guy got lucky on a few predictions and now has y'all fooled.

16. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I. Want. Rondo.

17. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Yeah, I think Rondo might be the answer. I know he doesn't space the floor because he can't shoot. But he has proven that he can be an elite PG despite this. He's one of the top 2 or three pure passers in the league, is an elite defender, and an excellent rebounder for his position. Not sure if we have anything the Celtics want, but I think Rondo may be the answer if we can get him.

18. treeman

treeman Member

I thought he said in the other thread that he was connected through family members. Now he works in the FO?

So, from Indonesia to family connections to FO, the last two in the span of 24 hours. Seems a bit fishy to me.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

20. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Damn. A fraud.