1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's a distressing lack of leaked info on the Rockets plans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 11, 2014.

1. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Actually, I am a 43 year old white male. Slightly overweight, but working on it. BTW... I have no time for cartoons but I really liked the Super Friends growing up on Saturday mornings.

1 person likes this.
  2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Thanks for the info again. I hope this doesn't count as a detail, but are you talking about FA signings or a trade? And do you know what they will do with Parsons?

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I agree. The Astros and the Texans are teams that treat players with respect. Therefore I can't imagine any player use them like they're assets in finding larger deals and screwing them over.

Only teams that treat professional sports like businesses get shafted by players looking for payday.

Signed,
    Carlos Beltran, Orlando Pace

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

cyberx and now roe?

How many people work closely to Murray. I can't see there are so many leaks.

5. HOUSTONROCKETS5

We getting support from Jim Parsons (Sheldon, The Big Bang Theory) :)

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/qWmo_HGIzT/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Haha fair enough. I will rep you for sense of humor.

7. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Right now, leaning toward matching but that is all contingent on what other offers come available if any by the end of the day. A couple on the table right now that is being discussed but negotiations going on regarding players involved/included. That's all I am at liberty to say right now.

8. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Roe, give us a little hint of the direction Morey may push forward today. After the past 24+ hours, us Rocket fans want to see/hear we will have a stronger team after the recent failures to sign a proven veteran.

9. HOUSTONROCKETS5

How much say does Dwight have in us matching Parsons? He seemed pretty adamant about us keeping Parsons the other day on Twitter.

10. LikeMike

Well, roe was right with LeBron and also kinda with Bosh. Plus he is a long time member with not too many posts. I say he is legit. And cyberx has proven time and again that he is legit. Those guys don't have to work directly with Morey just to get the inside. And again, maybe Morey doesnt mind those kind of leaks. I mean, what is he saying? LeBron goes to Cleveland - doesn't hurt the Rockets. Morey has moves on the tables and will probably execute them today? Doesn't hurt the Rockets.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Probably will depend on what else happens. I think Howard just want to win, so if the Rockets win without Parsons, he'd be okay. Now, if we end up failing partly as a result of not keeping Parsons, that could end up being a nasty situation.

All the more reason, IMO, that the Rockets should match him unless they're absolutely certain that declining him will result in a much better roster going forward.

12. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

The focus, or at least what I brought up was the fact that we needed to strengthen our bench including guys that excelled on the defensive end of the court. Also mentioned the need to replace Kelvin with a hard nosed defensive assistant. Offensively we are good, however we need a major upgrade on defense. I think FO is going to make decisions with this in mind today and tomorrow. Not because I said so, but everyone sees this glaring problem. Look for a much better defensive effort next season.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thanks for the info man, glad Morey isn't freeking out about Bosh and is still grinding.

14. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Appreciate the info Roe. Do you enjoy working for the Rockets? Is it a family environment or is it a cold calculated place like I'm sure some imagine with Morey as a Dictator of metrics ruthlessly crunching the numbers and collecting assets

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Perfect, so hopefully they stop with the 3rd star nonsense and just focus on the bench and solid starters all around

16. vic8201

vic8201 New Member

Appreciate the insider info roe!!! At this point we'll take any information we can get.

17. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

LOL. You act like this dude works for the Rockets or
    something. He is a fan with opinions just like the rest of us. Don't be so gullible.

18. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get a grip

19. LikeMike

So, Stephenson in play? Great defender, offense off the bench, a young guy with plenty of playoff experience... yeah I know, you can't go into them details.

My perfect offseason would be:

1. Grab Stephenson
    2. Trade NOLA pick, TE and DMO for Millsap
    3. match Parsons

Perhaps some small move in between somewhere. But that's a team that could go to the finals

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is your opinion too