1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 11, 2014.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

I'm sure he has several but plans on a whiteboard aren't the same as plans at both teams can live with. Negotiating takes time.

2. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

So you're saying if we sign Ariza/Deng tomorrow you would be fine with letting Parsons go and then making an offer to Monroe or Bledsoe?

3. dje243

dje243 Member

Nick Johnson is probably your pg off he bench next season.

4. AkeemOlaDROwon

Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    12:51am - 12 Jul 14
    Per Woj

5. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Can we still get kevin love?

6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Yeah, there is no way that I am trading Nick Johnson right now. The dude is going to be awesome. Just watch him ball out in the Summer League!

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So let me get this straight??... With Chicago locking up Gasol & Melo still on the market.... where is the leverage for Melo & NYK???

Why aren't the Rockets back in the conversation now at least to create leverage for Melo? Seems weird that now they would be bidding against themselves.

unless.... freaking Miami or Cleveland are doing something ridiculous to get him now.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the direction finsraider is taking makes sense. Build liquid assets and tradable salary for matching to go after a 3rd star via trade.

9. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

[​IMG]

Per 36

Player A:

Bosh

Player B:

TJones

I know bosh still brings more to the table overall, but let's not get so down on our guys. If we just had a better bench we most likely would have had a chance at the Spurs.

10. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

With all this madness going on with FA's.........I forgot to tell DMorey that Nick Johnson is a Baller.
    Great pick.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Absolutely. The Rockets have to find a way to acquire players with salary with the TPE. Just like before when the Rockets where coming off of the T-Mac/Yao years, Morey has to go back into trade first mode.

Salary, young players (hopefully have a couple breakout youngsters on the cheap), and the Pelles pick might be your best hope in the next 12 months of acquiring a stud. And this time, you can have control of the situation. NO MORE FREE AGENCY BS.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Trade the Pelicans pick for Goran Dragic and sign Deng.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

what did he write? I couldn't find it. Do we still match Parsons in this scenario?

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

To throw out some non-big name players I want Morey to look at in order to fill out the roster:

Mario Chalmers, PG: You laugh, but imagine him as the back up PG. Can be tough defender and still is streaky 3pt shooter. Yes he disappear in recent players, but he came up big for 3.5 yr before that. Getting him now after the bad display in the playoffs may mean a cheaper deal.

Chris Douglas-Robert, SG/SF: He always worked hard on defense and in a good system in Charlotte, he showed that he can be effective on that side of the game. He also showed that he can hit the 3pt shot last year. As a backup, for Parsons he could be a great under the radar get if that sticks.

Troy Daniels, G: Shooter. Shooter Shooter. Let's keep him and see what he becomes.

Jason Smith (from New Orleans), PF/C: Big Body. Think Asik-lite. Got hurt in Feb for knee issues, but was good starter next to Unibrow before that. He can also hit that 12-15 jump shot If Okafor asks for too much, would not mind seeing if he is healthy and having him as a back up C.

Ed Davis, PF/C: Was a very good bench rotation for Memphis. He is a big body and athletic. Thinks he can be a starter thought now. Doesn't have Smith's offensive range, depending on price.

Invite to training camp: Robbie Hummel, SF/SG: Was with T-wolves last year as a rookie. So the guy has little athleticism. I agree. However, he knows how the play the game. Took him time to get up to the speed of the game, but in the last month of the season he was a good productive player on the court. Plus with actually being on the court, in the last 2 months he shot >50% from 3pt. Possibly fluke, but couldn't hurt to give him a chance. A bit of a homer pick because I loved watching him play (when not injured) at Indiana.

15. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

He got a triple double today. I see the talent with him, but he is going to the dleague if he's not traded, and we don't have time to develop a rookie.

16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Championship level teams often have rookies and young players develop on the fly during the season. Those players then often have brief moments to help teams in the playoffs. Sure sometimes they do not like for T-Jones this year, but having a few young players is not the worse idea in the world.

Having said that, not sure the current coaching staff will or can be the ones to do to follow that plan.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

deng/(and/or)ariza

okafor

heinrich

augustin

resign parsons...

18. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Plan Z lol.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bledsoe/Role player/Role player/role player/role player

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

We can match Parsons, bring in Illy using the Asik trade exception, still have the mid level. Mid level mayb be enough to get Marion.