1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Gibson could be moved for Kevin Love...

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I remember when Dunleavy went off in the second half against us and hit like 7 3s.

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

thx repped!

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just wondering why the Knick's wouldn't want Boozer, Butler, Mirotic for them selves?

Anthony for Boozer, Butler, Mirotic and picks would work great for both sides.

Rose
    Dunleavy
    Anthony
    Gasol/Gibson
    Noah

Knicks

Calderon/Prigioni
    Smith/Hardaway
    Butler/Shumpert
    Boozer/Mirotic
    Dalembert/Amare

Boozer is expiring and would be a total non problem for there 2015 free agency splurge.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What would be NY's team salary with Boozer and Mirotic added?

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

What's all this hype on Daniels. He hit a 3 so what.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He was cold as ice and hit a number of threes in the playoffs. With the right pieces he becomes very valuable.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Right, think of him as a younger, cheaper James Jones...

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Around 75-76 million once waiving non guarantee'd contracts (Dalembert, Odom, Brown), they could also easily package Ellington and Larkin or Prigioni to keep then under the luxury tax thresh hold.

10. arjun

arjun Member

Man I'd be estatic if we steal Gibson and dunleavy (or jimmy butler if we are super lucky) fromtp the bulls

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Woops I just added Mirotic to his rookie contract, he's demanding MLE money right? So add Mirotic for 5 million.

23.4 - Amare
    16.8 - Boozer
    11.5 - Bargnani
    7.1 - Calderon
    6 - Smith
    5 - Mirotic
    2.6 - Shumpert
    2 - Butler
    1.2 - Hardaway

Add 1.5 for roster cap holds and you have roughly 77 million in salary.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mirotic is younger cheaper potentially better than either of those guys. And he actually tries on D. Think of a bigger and a better shooting Scola.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Forgot to add

This would be with waiving Dalembert, Odom and Brown, then trading Prigioni, Ellington and Larkin. Then they would still be about a million over the luxury tax. So I can see why the knick's might want a third team involved, but I still think it would be stupid and that Mirotc + Butler are way to valuable to just let some other team take. Trading Larkin, Ellington and Prigioni shouldn't be a problem, neither is being a million over luxury tax for the Knicks, but whatever I hope we get some good players and assets in helping facilitate!!

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Mirotic, I can't find anything online. I said earlier that he couldn't be traded for 30 days. Is this after the buyout or after the signing? If it's the signing, I believe he may be the reason we are willing to take on Boozer.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Its after he is signed, which he hasn't been.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/4/5870725/chicago-bulls-nikola-mirotic-nba-free-agency-2014

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Boy this is my offseason, going out to drink to get completely wasted because Bosh played us only to end up somehow checking clutchfans again even though getting internet in panama is a pain in the ass. But why. Because there's nothing i love more than my houston rockets. Jesus christ reading these post makes me even more depressed. Why do things never end up fitting into a perfect scenario?

It's like Dwight was a tease. We're close but that's where we stay, i miss hakeem. He made everything better.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

A rumor from a month or two ago on one of the Euro basketball news sites stated that Mirotic wanted assurances from the Bulls that they wouldn't trade him after he signed.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't see why Mirotic would be upset coming to the rockets considering we are a very good team, have a open PF spot, and Houston being a major city in the U.S.

Even if they keep Mirotic, we can still get Gibson or Butler and Dunleavy from the Bulls in a trade if they insist on keeping Mirotic.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Butler and/or Mirotic or I don't take on Boozer if I'm Morey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.