1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I don't fault players for these decisions, whether they're based on family, money, city, winning. This was really a punch in the gut but you just have to move on. Players get flipped in a heartbeat if the opportunity strikes, turnabout is fair play.

And funny how people decide if someone is a 'ring chaser' or 'cares about winning.' On the flip side someone is 'all about the money' or 'they don't want to take the easy way out.' At least be consistent.

Anyways I think we underachieved last year. While I thought we'd still find a significant addition (and we still may), I truly thought we would be a better team this year even without any roster changes. Everyone has room to improve on defense and should (giving a pass to Dwight and Bev), and with better coaching, experience playing with each other, and better effort to peak at playoff time, we'd be fine. Now add another major player to a higher baseline and I thought this season could be epic.

Now w/ the possibility of losing Parsons and striking out in FA we could actually regress. Yikes.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What exactly is miami's plan?

3. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Save face at whatever cost, I guess.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No more Lin no more Asik and Parsons may be out... perfect opportunity to sign athletic bull dog type players around Howard and Harden... go 94/95 style tired of seeing the international way get athletes!!!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

When we play Miami, crush their faces.

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Put butts in the seats w/ a mediocre team? Actually they might still make the playoffs depending on who else they sign.

Total guess, but if they get lucky with a great draft pick, paired w/ veterans like Bosh and Wade to develop with in the next year or 2, that might be better for a rookie than leading a team of scrubs. That's the only rationale I can figure out for not rebuilding.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whose going to sign for two old players?

I know that's what they sold on him, but it just doesn't happen.

Young stars don't go running to a team with a 30+ year old star. Just ask Cuban.

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

If we sign Parsons now I'm going to lose my mind. That would be epic stupid.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Used the Rockets as leverage to get paid just like he did 4 years ago.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

what makes you think we will before acquiring anyone?

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I blame McHale. Bosh is a smart dude. He knows a dumbass @ the helm was going to amount to nothing....

14. dwanga

dwanga Member

For the pain and suffering that I endured listening to Clyde talk 2 seasons of nonsense, watching Harden chuck up shots after shot, seeing Mchale/Samson shove Lin around and for hearing a majority of diehard Rocket fans diss, game after game, perhaps the most modest, sincere and hardworking underdog player ever, I just wanna give all of you a BIG.FAT **** YOU! :mad:

PEACE OUT! AND **** ON OFF OF CLUTCHFANS FOREVER b****ES!!!

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

see you brah

16. texansalltheway

I really felt today would be the day we get over the hump into legitimate contender status, I guess it's just not meant to be

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

[​IMG]

18. txn

txn Member

Any possibility that Riley wakes up tmr and realizes how drunk he was this afternoon and calls DM and requests a trade for Bosh?? just try to cheer up....lol

19. jay_09

jay_09 Contributing Member

Bye Bye.....

20. haydenfisher342

take your 21 posts with you while your at it!