1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If McHale can't win the championship provided we get Bosh, he needs to quit the NBA altogether.

He would go from definite worst 3 coach in the NbA to absolutely the worst coach in the current NBA and the one of the 3 worst coaches of all time to ever grace this beautiful league.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

KEVIN McHALE won’t be getting a free pass any longer

If All goes as planned.
    Kevin has been handed the Keys to IMO The best team in the League

He just cannot allow it to run into a brick wall

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Yup, we will find out soon enough if coaching matters ;)

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can we please hire jvg as some sort of advisor/executive?

1 person likes this.
  5. afk

afk Member

Agreed. Although, I wish he was fired now. He's a regular season coach, not a playoff coach.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

finals or bust for this guy...

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's got to be a joke to keep him on board. I think he agreed to step down before the season started in one way or another. Bosh realizes his incompetence and will probably be on the fence as he wants to know the other moves Rox make. "So are you gonna get rid of Mchale or what?"

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Kind of a bad time to bring this thread back up when McHale is the lynch pin on the phone convincing Bosh to put pin to paper isn't it?

I told everyone there were reasons off the court that McHale was kept around. Not sure what those reasons are, but I kinda have a feeling McHale had a role in recruiting this Summer they felt.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True . . . I don't want him fired but
    he is on the clock
    [i didn't want to start another thread]

Rocket River

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just think fans need to see things from Morey & Les' perspective a little bit more. They know they can upgrade the coaching from an X's and O's perspective, but there are other things in play that they have to consider when making that decision... both on, and off the court... and (what we dont see)... the locker room.

Is he on the clock???... of course. If you think we scrutinize McHale, and Les/Morey don't... you are kidding yourself.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The Rockets should hire a good lead assistant because i'm not a believer in Kevin Mchale. Or better yet fire Mchale while you still have a chance and hire George Karl. Do it Murray!

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Bump this thread -- McHale is the reason why our team sucks so bad right now.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What the McHale apologists do not realize is that after the playoff debacle and total embarassment that this incompetent, clueless pathetic hack of a coach McHale caused to the Rockets, free agents are unwilling to join the Rockets.

Let's face it. The only compelling reason to join the Rockets is to play with Howard and Harden on a potential championship team. Free agents who want to win have realized that Houston stands ZERO chance of winning with McHale as coach. He is amongst the 3 worst coaches out there so why should they waste their time here knowing that McHale is a liability.

The answer: Fire McHale and move forward

14. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Complete nonsense!!! If the reason for keeping him around is for recruiting purposes why not make him a special assistant? Why subject the Rox nation to the worst coach in the league? Nobody has done less with more talent than him. Del Harris was the only other coach who can claim that moniker.

15. MichaelG281713

He needs to be replaced.

Was beyond terrible in the PO's.

It's amazing to me that he's still our coach as of right now. What are Les/Morey thinking?

16. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Chris Bosh spoke to Kevin McHale (on the phone presumably) shortly before signing an extension with Miami. I'll let yall put the pieces together...

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They honestly thought he was a players coach. He could atract another star but the results speak for themselves.

18. joepu

joepu Member

Yao and Tmac routinely won 50 games with absolute crap on the roster and also while taking turns on the injury list. The reason? coaching. If Parsons is not matched and rox don't get Deng, this is a fringe playoff team with Mchale as coach.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did you expect McHale to magically pull $30 million out of his ass?

20. newAge_Rockets

I wish Les would have told Chris we could hook him up with some Chinese endorsements. Could have made up that extra 30 million.