1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What a kick to the groin. After losing Asik and probably overpaying Parsons, the only true way to improve the team is an upgrade at coach.

And that's not happening... smh

2. torocan

torocan Member

The reason is the ONLY way you can sign Bosh is based off a Verbal agreement.

To sign a player you MUST have cap space.
    We had to move Lin (and others) to clear that cap space.
    Bosh can NOT sign until we move enough players for him to sign.

IE, you can't sign Bosh and then move Lin because we never had the cap space in the first place. We ONLY had the cap space once we started moving players.

In other words, the only way we can move forward with any confidence is based off a verbal commitment by Bosh. There is NO way that Morey moves Lin (and his contract for a potential sign and trade scenario with Miami) unless he feels that Bosh is committed to signing with Houston.

If Bosh said, "I need to talk to Riley first and consider my options" there is NO way that Morey moves Lin, especially when he's giving up picks and he loses Lin's contract as an asset and weakens the roster if Bosh doesn't sign.

To do otherwise would be sheer idiocy, and Morey is no idiot when it comes to making trades.

3. Know Your Role

Hell yeah. This will work out in our favor. I believe too.

4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Mchale told Bosh we going to stick with no system turn taking basketball

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is weird that his tweets made me feel better. Along with arguing with Morey haters. Very happy to have Dwight on the team.

6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I keep watching twitter, hoping it was a mistake...

He is not even here (in the states).

He can still change his mind.

Yes, I am in denial!!!

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For me this is what hurts the worse.

If we had signed say Hollins or SVG...I'd be...alright whatever...we have a new coach that will make the most of our players now.

But with Mchale returning...even if we resign Parsons...I Can't see much improvement if any at all.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. We expected others to be willing to sacrifice a bit to win, to have the character that Dwight clearly has. To want to play on a contending team and fight for a championship. Lesson learned.

#668 Deckard, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  9. randomfan

randomfan Member

What's the big deal... can't we still get Love? Whatever happened to Love?

10. basketballholic

I feel like I've been hit in the nuts with a baseball bat.

11. torocan

torocan Member

Love isn't a FA. The ONLY way to get Love is to get Minnesota to agree to a S&T. That was easier to accomplish when you have bigger contracts on the books (like Lin). It's a LOT harder now.

Also, Minnesota is holding out for big assets in a trade. Cleveland is going after Love and putting Wiggins on the block. Who do we have that could possibly match that offer?

Love isn't happening unless he somehow makes it to FA next year and we have a bunch of cap space or assets for a S&T.

12. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

No stars want to come to this city.SMH

13. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Bosh played Houston to coax a max offer out of Miami. If you read anything Bosh said over the course of last season, he was very clear about how much he loved being in Miami.

14. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Nick Johnson says hi

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Right, Howard probably won't come play in Houston.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Can't think of who is more irrelevant now,
    Mavericks or the Heat.

17. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Is anyone really sure what was offered/agreed to? I cannot see bosh agreeing to something before he hears Miami out, would you, I wouldn't.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I suspect that the lowball didn't sit well with Bosh but to stay in Miami and play with Lebron he would have sucked it up. Our 4/83 offer got his attention if Lebron left, Lebron leaves. Morey calls a pissed off Pat about a SnT but Pat wants the stars from us. Morey says no way which pisses off Pat even more. Miami ups the offer to 5/100 but that still does not change his mind. Bosh tells his agent to go ahead and get the Rockets ready for him to sign and talks with Mchale. While Morey does the trades and finds out how low does he need to go and keep a roster, Pat goes nucleus with a 5/118 contract. Bosh takes the cash and stays in Miami where he and his family enjoy living.

I don't have a problem with him choosing money to stay where he and his family enjoy living. I do have a problem if he told his agent to get the contract ready knowing that unloading contract for nothing trades were in the works, and then leaves us hanging.

19. torocan

torocan Member

In any sort of negotiation you would at least agree to the amount, the terms and the length. Also, Bosh had copies of the actual offer in hand as was noted earlier in the Bosh thread.

So, you would be looking to seek some type of agreement to the conditions and terms, and looking to confirm that they intended to sign. And you would want to ask multiple times to make SURE there wasn't anything else still hanging in the wind.

You would probably even say something like,

"Ok, so you're okay with the terms of the contract? Are you saying that we should start moving players or do you still need more time to think about it? We need a concrete decision, but don't take too long we're on the clock."

GM's just don't commit $88M without crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't be blindly loyal. Harden averaged nearly 30/6/8 in April (before the playoffs started). He only sucked in postseason. Just accept his playoff prowess is in huge question. Doesn't mean he can't improve, but he is highly suspect.