1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Note to Morey: Your going about this wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

We never needed to chase Bosh to begin with. The focus should've been on filling out the roster and making small upgrades. We ended up spending all our energy chasing a player with a contract he didn't deserve. Now most the role players are taken. This falls on Morey

2. superpro

superpro Member

Great post! i wonder whom we are going to blame next season? can someone start a poll, Mchale? Harden? or Morey?

3. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Would you rather waste our opportunity of nearly $19 million in cap space on absolutely nothing?

McHale has shown to like the small ball lineup, I think its worth a try, especially since Deng is a legit defensive player. Better than getting nothing from that cap space. Personally I would like to get a legit big man using Lin TPE and picks, but this is just another option if there is no deal out there.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Wow. We ended up gettin absolutely nothing chasing stars, so I take it this thread was needed. Funny how things play out

5. Pete the Cheat

are we necro-bumping terrible threads today? everyone of your statements is incorrect. we did get something this offseason. this thread was unnecassary (as are all of your threads). and nothing you have contributed is funny.

I still haven't figured out if you are just a terribly unoriginal troll or just a terribly unoriginal contrarian.

6. CertifiedTroll

He just rambles like an insane crack addict. He has secured himself a position on many ignore lists.

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

That's for sure. One of the worst posters.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Eh, I like what he says. Pretty much says what I think. Nobody here should be butt hurt over what anybody says about this organization.

1 person likes this.
  9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Stopped reading when OP started comparing us to Spurs. It's ludicrous.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Now I remember why I had you on my ignore list originally. Back you go. EVERY post of his is a Morey bashing post.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I really wish CF would hide threads made by people on my ignore list... I ignored these dumbasses for very good reasons.

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Yep, because why would we model ourselves after one of the most successful franchises in sports:rolleyes:

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

We are trying to model ourselves after the Spurs. We have two stars and now we are searching for the 3rd one. The Spurs lasted this long because they have Duncan, Parker and Manu.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Nope. The Spurs lasted this long because their management hired
    a great COACH, and the fact they successfully find great role players every year. Their big 3 came organically. What Morey tried to do goes against
    everything the Spurs have done to be successful. We have two stars. The plan should've been to just build around them

15. rocketsmetalspd

Spurs did not hire a great coach he put himself in as coach once Duncan was in the fold. Pop got rid of his friend Bob Hill.

16. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Everything the Spurs have done? The Spurs are the exception to the rule. Morey has shown himself to be capable of finding undervalued players as well--Asik, Beverley, Parsons, Jones, Brooks, Lowry, Dragic etc. Ginobili was a 3rd star for the Spurs until age and injuries hit.. Your criticisms are disjointed and come off as some form of butthurt. Lin fan?

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Spencer Hawes and Shaun Livingston were ripe for the picking as our co 3rd stars.

A powerhouse dynasty that likely would have overtaken LA and Boston for most titles.

That crazy Maori will never learn.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Spurs drafted their Big 3. How many teams in the past 20 years can say the same thing?

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I disagree. One of the reasons LeBron left Cleveland was because they never went after big names, always were trying to fill the roster with role players. You should always start with the best, and I am sorry, but Chris Bosh would have been about as good of a fit next to DHoward and Harden as it gets.

We had to offload Lin/Asik anyways. We couldn't pay them 15 mil each, and what was it 8/5 respectively in cap space? How do you improve the roster when you have two bench players eating up that much space? Regardless of how the Bosh thing turned out, they had to go. Now the Lin one hurt, we lost a first round, but Asik's trade returned us an even better pick.

Losing Lin was nothing. I had no issue with him, but he was a backup point guard, and made some very very crucial mistakes in the playoffs. He wasn't worth the cost for his role.

Asik, I would have paid to keep him. I still think he could have averaged 30 min a game, playing behind and with Howard. But Oh well.

Point is, getting Chris Bosh would have made any Parson's match a no-brainer. Without Bosh, we couldn't even discuss signing Parsons to that contract.

Chris Bosh didn't deserve a near max contract? With this squad? With what what we would have had? Overpaying him a few mil a year was well worth it because it would have meant we would have the best starting 5 in the league. 3 legit all stars, 1 borderline do-it-all guy, and one all-defensive team guy.

Making small upgrades AND keeping Parsons would have meant we were stuck with a good, but not great team, with no chance of upgrading in the future. You can't look at it through a 2k14 lens. You have to consider ALL the ramifications of doing this or that.

20. Nero

Nero Member

This is officially the

LONGEST BLEEPING OFFSEASON IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!