1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. torocan

torocan Member

This is the contract equivalent of being left at the Altar.

Morey's a very good GM but you can only plan so much.

Riley offering a 5 year max deal borders on nuts. And Bosh walking at literally the last second after telling the Rockets he was coming if Lebron left to stay with at best an early play off elimination is very, very unusual.

You can bet that Morey wouldn't have traded Lin without significant assurances from Bosh's camp. However, given this is Bosh's last contract I don't think he cares if he ticks off Morey and a bunch of Rockets fans.

Sure, I doubt every other GM will look at Bosh as unreliable in future negotiations, but it's not like he's going for another big contract after this one.

He's loved in Miami, he's getting max money, and when his contract is done he'll most likely be done with the NBA or entering his legacy years on the Heat.

Just a really bad sequence of events.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That is ridiculous how he led Houston on. Morey, first mistake as a GM in my opinion. Wow.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Can't blame the guy. It's his last major contract and he doesn't really have ties to Houston. Oh well...so much for the bs reports of Bosh being willing to take less money to help Houston out.

4. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Of course it's the wife. Bosh, just like Melo, is whipped to all hell.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Freak, you and I have been preaching this sort of backfire for over a year now. If people don't get it now , they never will.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So Lebron has one of his balls and his wife the other what a puss.

7. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Come on man, I think he's overrated too but WTF, how can you be happy with losing out on Bosh? This is a disaster !!

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

His boyfriend loved it too.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Bosh is the highest paid player in the NBA

10. archinkent

archinkent Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wow, f*** Bosh.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Free agent forward Jordan Hill has agreed to a two-year, $18M deal to return to the Los Angeles Lakers, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/487720875471691776">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

Speechless.......... Heartbroken.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No doubt. Miami smells of a desperate team just trying to build something.

Whats funny is if Wade goes to Chicago, then Bosh will have returned with nothing but trying to carry a garbage team.

No one will go to Miami to play for him. If he was 25...yes. But he's 30. I'm sure Riley told him. "We'll get someone to come play with you just watch." but it won't happen. If guys aren't willing to go play for Dirk when he was that age no one will go play for Bosh a lesser player than Dirk was.

It's an incredibly stupid decision for Bosh. I may sound bitter but I wasn't that high on Bosh, I had Melo over him and Love and many other options. I bought into the idea of Bev-Harden-Parsons-Bosh-Dwight though.

Extremely disappointed here.

Morey did his best, he swung for the fences and he will do so again.

15. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I think your points make sense if you were going to upgrade to get a star player. The Rockets are left to go after the Luol Deng's of the world. Is that really better than having Asik, Lin and Parsons at a low cost? For about $19 million against the cap, the Rockets had 3 players who contributed. Now they can have Parsons for $14 million. That's not a successful outcome.

16. HTM

HTM Member

I don't get it...

So maintain a residence in Miami...

Bosh has a limited amount of time to contend for NBA titles... Miami has nothing.. its a D-league team + a broken wade...

after you spend a few of years in Houston winning ships you can spend every minute for the rest of your life in Miami...

17. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

If he was going to do this anyway then why did he lead Houston on?

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Because they were winning. I bet that love wanes when Miami losses by the 2nd round next year.

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Exactly, moving Lin & Asik was always going to happen. Resigning Parsons to that ridiculous contract now is pointless.

20. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

lmao.