1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will The Rockets End Up Worse?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Visagial, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Will the Rockets get better or worse this offseason?

1. Better

121 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Worse

184 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

That's nice to see frankly. Hopefully Dwight knows something.

2. highlander3128

Did you weigh in that ridiculous 15M per contract on Parsons? How can you say we are even if we miss out on Bosh, but match Parsons? We are 14M bucks worse.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Premature. No way of knowing at this point. Way too many variables. In a few days the Rockets may have Bosh aboard. By that time they may have matched Dallas for Parsons (hope not). Or, they may have lost both. We need much more information before evaluating the offseason.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm in the boat that this isn't truly Morey's decision. Dwight will undoubtedly throw a fit if Parsons was let go due to tax/salary concerns. Parsons isn't going anywhere, guys.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Unless the Bosh thing comes through, worse. There's no one left to acquire who would improve the team more than the loss of Asik worsens it.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

the clock to match starts in 2 hrs....... i hope morey and his crew are working around the clock and stayin in touch with Boshs people. Too bad the future of the rockets lies in the decision of one of the biggest drama kings in the history of the NBA. LBJ. This has the potential to turn out very very bad.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

If all fails in free agency, in my opinion it all depends on chemistry. After a year under their belt, hopefully Harden and Howard will mesh together better.

8. do work son

do work son Member

asik played in 48 games and only played 20 minutes a night. his impact was marginal at best. we won 54 games with him, lin, garcia, and casspi as our primary rotation players.

if we don't sign bosh, we have a decent amount of money to improve upon that bench, and keep a core starting 5 that won 54 games in the west.

we'll be fine.

9. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I have a feeling we'll end up worse. I mean we lost Asik as our backup center and what player have we added that matches or surpasses his worth?

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

IF the Asik trade to the Hornets really goes down, we would've acquired an extremely valuable trade asset. It's a similar type of asset that got us Harden. We can definitely use it to get someone like Love, Rondo, or any other star that becomes available during the season.

11. do work son

do work son Member

cleveland and even golden state have WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better packages to send to minnesota than we do.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not worried.

Happy times.

13. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

the mere fact that our incredibly young team has another year of experience under their belts will help significantly. Don't forget that.

Still optimistic we will land a nice FA too

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think worst case we had some lesser guys to replace Asik/Lin, match on Parsons, and hope another year of experience gets us there. So we probably won't get worse, but we might not improve.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Worse but still better than the Mavs. Keep Asik, let Chandler go, sign Ariza, trade Lin, Troy Daniels becomes the best shooter on the team and Ariza makes all defense second team.

16. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Just the fact that our teams future is in Lebron's hand disgusts me.

....but I would not complain if he plays for us :)

17. pass_to_Hakeem

Nah.... they'll be worse. The only one who will learn will be Morey I suppose!! We lost Asik!! He's a starter on 3/4 ths of the teams out there in this league. If they turn around and lose Parsons next OR.. Match Parsons and spend all the money in the process ... They didn't improve!!

They got WORSE on D!!! nah, they''do be lucky to make the playoffs next season

18. pass_to_Hakeem

He won't be playing for Houston but might cost us Bosh & Parsons in the process!!

19. rocketblood713

Good vibes positive thoughts

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I believe in Morey so I believe we will be better. We will use our capspace to sign someone that helps us more than Asik/Lin and we will match Parsons. If we don't Morey will have a plan b. Worst case is having max money next offseason - when Love will be available. But I really hope we go all in this season.