1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

When Lin came to the Rockets, I valued him about the same as Delfino. Better PG than Rafer Alston? Not sure.

When you say "franchise" whatever, obviously you're not taking it to Stevie Franchise level. "Franchise" just means . . . what? Same contract as Asik?

I was fully expecting to be lottery bound until we got Harden.

Oh, and why does any of this matter?

2. SPBR

SPBR Member

Even with Harden, we were still predicted to be lottery bound. Some on CF had more faith in Harden/Morey. Most of us were probably cautiously optimistic. His advanced stats looked good and was coming off SMOY. IIRC, there was a real concern about whether Harden could be our franchise star coming off his disappearance vs the Heat in the finals. Harden's explosion the first two games relieved some of the worries. LeBron was even telling his teammates about Harden's performance. In short, seemed like Harden had arrived.

None of this talk about franchise player/star matters. It serves only to make the point about how far Lin has fallen. I see no other purpose to claiming Lin to be our franchise player/star when he obviously wasn't.

3. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Could u help to find the hottie tracker thread again?

4. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

yep delfino's face was plastered all over TC when he came over to houston....

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The Rockets clearly knew that they could pass off a mediocre NBA talent (Jeremy Lin) as a "star" to a certain fan base which still haunts this forum.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope Lin's tenure as a Rocket will draw to a close soon, but I thought the Jersey promo was in poor taste and disrespectful. Melo could have been pictured with a Rocket's jersey with "champion" written on it, no number. I thought Morey's explanation was also insulting and classless.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Every team sticks someone on a billboard. That doesn't mean they're any good. Is that how you judge talent: by looking at billboards?

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I've seen Beverley on a billboards around town. And that was after they disrespected him by giving Howard his number!

9. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

10. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Bev was part of the Howard recruiting process wasn't he? He was at the Toyota Center during the formal announcement of Dwight's signing at least. I think the difference was Bev knew he was part the team's plans.

11. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I think for Lin's and the Rox's sakes this relationship should come to a close.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. ConAim

ConAim Member

From the way CF and Rockets organization have treated their players. I wonder why players should be loyal to this team.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

lulz, Lin isn't that loyal either.

The Parsons situation is a lot like Lin bolting to Houston from the Knicks. Both are facing lux tax and cap pressures.

I don't blame them. It's a lot of money.

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

Team loyalty is affected by fan websites? Wow. Give two days and I'll flush out the roster of every NY and LA team.

Dude. It's all about money. Winning, team mates, loyalty, business. It all comes down to money. If you think it's about anything else, you're wrong.

16. ConAim

ConAim Member

This mentality of Morey will leading Rockets to "first round" exist as long as Money is still at throne. Quote me on it.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Boohoo. Go cry about Lin in Philly.
    You won't be missed.

18. ConAim

ConAim Member

He get a better treatment there, why would I go crying? You should be the one crying for lost 1/2 of your team (Asik, Lin, CP2.5) for chasing 3rd star.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True none are Hakeem olajuwon who embraced the city of Houston when he arrived from Nigeria . Went to school in Houston then have his children born in houston and establish his business in the community and be involved in the city's mosque .

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Nobody cares about your opinion.