1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. texansalltheway

They do have a coach who maximizes the player's potential

2. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Well, people did say he's similar to Scottie Pippen. I couldn't see it before, but now I'm a believer.

3. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

If you lose Asik/Parson/Lin from this roster.......What do you think?

4. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Hayward was Way overpaid too!

5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

What did he say?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Those pictures are sickening. No way in hell I can forgive him if he is in a Mavs jersey

7. arjun

arjun Member

3 days from now we will have parsons and another impact player....relax.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Love Parsons. Happy for the guy. I really think he will come close to matching that contract production-wise. He played behind Harden and Howard and still got his.

Morey basically decided going for Bosh rather than Parsons.

9. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

This is just as bad as my ex dumping me last year around this time and posting pictures of herself with another dude.

I could never see her the same afterward. And to think Parsons signed my jersey after the open practice before he played a minute for the Rockets...

I feel sick.

10. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Let me see what crack house he is at now.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets could have cap room by letting Parsons go but cap room doesn't guarantee you actually land anyone at all, let alone anyone actually very helpful at a price that works for you. The free agents have to choose to go to your team first. There is now law requiring that at least one of Luol Deng, Trevor Ariza, etc. choose Houston at a good price.

12. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Asik didn't want to be here and Lin was a turnover waiting to happen. It looks like Parson's didn't want to be here (from the pics anyway) IMHO.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm pissed!!! F Parsons! Not rooting for that dude anymore. Dallas sucks and Parsons fits right in with their pompous narcissistic behavior. By signing that deal he screwed us whether he left or we kept him. He must have wanted to leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Oh yeah, and let's not forget Cuban. That a$$hole really did this purely to f with us and he knows it and so does Parsons and Parsons doesn't care. He is along for the ride! Screw that dude, he had 0 loyalty to the Rockets organization that took a chance on him and offered to get him a bigger payday by letting him out early. Parsons really is just a little prick!

Whew! Rockets superman on overload here. Anyone else feeling like me?

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

superfan not superman. stupid autocorrect.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

A team gave him $45mil+. How are you going to blame him for getting that money? It's a business. Basketball is his career. He's young, and when you're young, you gotta take care of yourself first.

I don't blame Parsons one bit.

ANY other player would have done the same thing.

16. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

And a lot of agents don't like going to Houston as it currently stands based on this off-season. Rockets has only been getting either big players or nobodies. Most likely quality role players / vets don't like to play or be loyal with Rockets because the way the organization treats them like assets. Like how we signed Aaron Brooks but don't play him at all.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this, and Parsons was a far better player/fit . Chemistry was nonexistent without him.

18. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Subtract Ariza off your list............ Morey traded him after 1 season and Ariza wouldn't trust that situation. He would want a more stable home for him and his family.

19. ThaShark316_28

Nope. Happy that Parsons got his cash. I'm lookin' at this from a bidness perspective, man. I'm not even close to mad, but seeing Houston sad is awesome.

20. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Why are you here?