1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Was the rumors Gilbert (or a Cavs rep) met w/ Lebron in Miami a few days ago (after people tracked his plane) ever confirmed or debunked?

2. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Then these reports of us offering max contract to bosh are BS if we can't even offer one without gutting team

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lets say the Rockets are only offering him 3 years/57 million. Who is offering that contract as well or more? Do they have a more appealing situation than the Rockets?

The Rockets only need to be just a little bit more appealing a pay just more than the other guy. The rule of free agency is to always know who you are bidding against so you don't accidentally bid against yourself.

If Lebron is leaving, Bosh is choosing between-

-Houston near or slightly less than max, with two all-stars
    -Miami- Just him and Wade. Can probably make the same as Houston but barely a playoff team probably looking to rebuild
    -LA Lakers - Kobe & Nash? Probably make the max, but will be sold on taking less to bring in another player or to resign Gasol.

That's about it. Houston even at a slight discount seems like the obvious choice still.

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

That would be funny to watch the media following james to Brazil if he hasn't decided by then

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We can, and say that it is contingent on roster moves. Remember no deal can be signed before July 10th.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Aaron Goldhammer from ESPN 850 WKNR just said there was nothing hard nor nothing firm about Lebron. I think he knows WAY too much, like TMI too much.

1 person likes this.
  7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

What's that mean

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Man this offseason is really turning out to be a possible disaster. I believe Morey, but I don't know how you're going to pull this one off.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

A last minute power play for rondo

10. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

so there is a chance the Cavs have four #1 overall picks on their team next year....oh

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Complete disaster of an offseason for the Rockets if Lebron stays in Miami. Never thought that would be the case.

12. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

hey man

1 person likes this.
  13. haydenfisher342

look deep long and hard. you will @($@ bricks

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'll feel this way in two days if LeBron hasn't made a decision yet.
    I think it will be tomorrow though and I think we'll have Bosh or atleast a decline.

Even if that happens I think there are plenty of options still on the table even if that's just matching Parsons and upgrading the bench with cap space, exceptions, prospects and future picks.

15. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

This whole waiting on Bosh (who was waiting on Lebron, who was waiting on____) Melo then Bosh deal has come back to bite Morey in the ass I fear. With CP signing that contract @ 12:01 AM he that essentially takes us out of the realistic running to offer Bosh a max contract if Lebron does split (and you can't tell me Bosh doesn't have some sense of what his decision is going to be by now), Morey gambled and we are going to end up with CP25 as our big FA acquistion. Wow, how anti-climatic (and I love Parsons btw so...)

16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Complete disaster is Chicago and Lakers

17. Htown's Finest

I agree, I think Houston is a very attractive option. But if Bosh is set on the max then we can...

(A) Gut the entire team except for Harden, Howard, Beverly. Sign Bosh for a little less than the max outright and then match Parsons. And then you sign minimum salary guys.

(B) SnT for Bosh and lose Parsons

(C) Get starting stretch 4 (Ilyasova, Anderson, etc), match Parsons, upgrade bench.

18. King901

King901 Member

Ed Davis and greg stiesma ( i know i spelled his last name wrong, judge me)

19. haydenfisher342

in 3 days

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

We can still sign all 4 if we sign Bosh first, then match for Parsons. The problem will be in the form of a luxury tax, not cap space. The key is that we own Parson's Bird rights.