1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. King901

King901 Member

He could, remember when Boozer did it

2. mclawson

mclawson Member

Because scoring is what we have (had?) him for. He did absolutely nothing else, ever. Nailed it.

3. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Can you guys let me know whether my analysis is accurate? Please let me know where the logic may be wrong.

Although Parsons is receiving a contract dictated by the market, I cannot imagine any teams would subsequently trade for this max contract because Parsons is simply not a franchise player.

Even in the unlikely event that the Rockets can find a trade partner to get assets back in return OR simply to create a large trade exception to be used later, the trade kicker would take away the ability of the Rockets to trade Parsons to that team.

Even if the Rockets can find a trade partner and Parsons agree to the trade, it is unlikely that the Rockets can get significant assets in return because Parsons may bolt as soon as he exercises that player option at the end of the second year!!

If Morey matches that offer, it would almost ensure that Parsons would stay for the entire 3 years. The worst thing is, if Morey can't get us the third superstar before Morey matches Parsons's offer (ie. within the next 3 days), Morey would then have absolutely no way to get that another superstar in the NEXT 3 YEARS unless he trades away Harden or Howard.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

1.1mil isnt going make or break bosh on coming here...he might get max in miami if lebron leaves, but they will be fighting for 8th seed....19mil to come to houston and possibly win a title is alot better.

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Make the KLove trade now

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No you match and keep Parsons. Just need Bosh to commit by Saturday.

7. Trip

Trip Member

I really don't understand people who cite this as the reason for not matching Parsons' offer sheet. We signed Harden to his max, and would have given him more than 5y/$80mil if the CBA allowed for it. Parsons' max is different than Harden's max, that's not the fault of Morey or Parsons or Harden.

I certainly don't think you were saying "I'm sorry. I just can't see the justification in Casspi making more money than CHANDLER PARSONS" last summer. Don't match Parsons for the multitude of reasons that have been discussed here, but the fact that Harden would be making less is a non-concern.

8. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Can't blame Parsons for taking the cash as it was offered. Just like we can't blame other athletes for doing the same. As fans why all the hate towards a player for taking the cash.

9. ogh

ogh Member

It's kinda boring watching Rockets games without CP and Lin bromanceship :eek:

10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i think someone had answered my question earlier...we can't do a sign and trade with parsons...either we match or don't.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

it's not the fact that he accepted the offer, but how fast he did it. coulda waited another day at least.

12. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Just wanna point out....Rockets gonna lose both Parsons and Lin.

These guys happen to be #2/3 in assists on the team. Basically all ball handling will soon be done by Harden. Prepare for him to average 4-6 TO a game, every game.

13. dantian

dantian Member

Lin and Asik at 8.3m per is overpaid. Does Parsons deserve 15mil per? Mavs, and Morey if he matches, are crazy.

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

If Parsons leaves, who is going to do that kungfu bow thing with at start of each game?

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I thought Cubes was just doing this to screw us over until I read the trade kicker. That makes me think Cubes might really *want* him for the last few years of Dirk's career.

16. Nook

Nook Member

ESPN radio in Chicago is saying that Bosh has attempted to contact LeBron James for the last 2 days without any success.

James isn't talking to anyone.

There is still a chance that the Rockets end up with Bosh and Parsons.

17. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

If we matched this, I believe we will, Cuban will have played us.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Of course.

He might be just doing this to set his market value, then the Rocks offer him 5 years for more overall, less in first year with 7.5 percent raises per year.

19. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

WTF.Now offer Luol Deng???

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

Right, assuming the Rockets sign the other guys with the cap space by Saturday. However, I don't see Morey using that cap space on the likes of Ariza/Deng if he decided to match Parsons.