1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you match the Parsons offer sheet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Would you match Chandler Parsons' 3-year, $46M offer (player option on third year) with Dallas?

1. Yes

360 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

584 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Essentially I agree with what you're saying, just think Deng is not the way to go. I'd rather see that money spent on players like Gasol, Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, P.J. Tucker, etc.

2. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

What the freak? Why would you want to pay 20 million for Howard, 16 million for harden, 15 million for parsons and 20 million for bosh? Those numbers sounds like way over the cap to me. It looks like parsons is the weakest link here, why is it that if parsons stays, then we sign bosh? Why not sign bosh and let parsons go? Your math doesn't seem right

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sorry but a player that gives 75%+ of what Parsons gives can be had for less than half of what Dallas is offering him.

Sayonara, Chandler.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This probably will create an impasse for Morey and his team.

Parsons and Bosh or Bosh, some young guy and a real good PG after unloading Lin?

I would want a good PG because PG play has been really mediocre for this team.
    That said Bev is good but we need alot more.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOL. LOL. LOL. look at this guy. doesn't know a lick of what he thinks hes talking about. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hmmm...So if we don't get Bosh,

we lose

Parsons
    Asik
    Lin

For a chance to sign Frye and Bradley in 2015 while we grab our 6th seed next season.

WOOOOHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! YOU HEARD THE MAN SAY IT: "ONLY SIGN PARSONS IF WE USE OUR CAPSPACE!!"

WHAT A FOOL

6. midgetballa624

If Bosh signs, within 3 days, it makes sense to match cause it makes us more of a threat. If he doesn't, let Parsons go and either try to sign Bosh later (if he still hasn't made a decision) or use the space and grab someone like Deng and someone else.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

hey bro, appreciate the love xD

But yea I mean, our choices are pretty limited. Any free agent is fine really, its just I personally prefer Deng. The names you listed are great, and if we do end up signing them then I'd be glad too. Just don't want to lose Asik and Parsons off our team in one summer. Its not like we are tanking.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Question: if we match, then when can we trade him?

9. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

What's their name?

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Bye Parsons.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if a player gives 75% of what Chandler does, then our SF position is 25% worse. We have a worse team, and I'd rather not have a worse team than we had last year.

It's also important to know that under the new contract agreement teams will have to spend 90% of the salary cap. So that may have an effect on what it means to how much we pay different players.

I honestly don't like paying Chandler that much. But I would rather overpay him than have a worse team.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's true if Ariza in a non-contract year would match his last year's output which was by far his best year of his career. I haven't seen Ariza put together years even close to as good with any consistency.

Yes he was great last year, and I could be wrong, but I don't believe he'll be anywhere close to that the next couple of years.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Alright all my lovable folks, I'm signing out. My message is we NEED to match this. Otherwise we are losing Asik and Parsons for nothing. Since our last great contention year, the T-Mac/Yao era of 06-07, its been a long and hard 7 years of depressive suffering to get back to this stage where we are looking at genuine title contention.

So peace out to all my homies and comrades, your boy W22 will be back checking on the progress of our off-season later on.

In the meantime, keep on rocking on. \m/

And ItsMyFault, go suck a c***, damn fool. You are probably just some jobless loser sitting at home in front of your computer screen all day cultivating pimples all over your face. When you are sleeping tonight, I'm going to come to your house with a sharpie marker and connect the dots on your face.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

It's low blow by parsons ..why would he sign with our division rival?..he knew exactly what Cuban was doing but it's ok..I hope he enjoys that 8th seed every year

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

not if we get Bosh or someone like Bosh who is 50% better than Chandler.

That evens it out.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The 3 day deadline isn't all that determinative, actually.

If Houston is planning on matching the offer at all, the only way HOU can give Bosh the max is via a sign and trade (involving Lin and Asik). This is true both before and after HOU matches due to the $2.88M qualifying offer for Parsons clogging up the cap even before matching.

The only thing that changes is that before HOU matches, Bosh can sign a lower than max offer with HOU straight up starting at around $19M. Or at least he can threaten to do it if Miami doesn't cooperate in a sign and trade.

This leverage may be important in terms of getting MIA to do a sign and trade and not paying too much to get it done. Bosh has an interest in this leverage so you tell him this is the situation and it is best for both Bosh and HOU if he decides early.

17. SportsWorld

SportsWorld Member

You're really mad at someone taking that money? okay then.

18. midgetballa624

This is a business first so I have no problem with Chandler signing this offer. It sucks that it had to be the Mavs but that's on Cuban not on Chandler so I don't get why he's getting hate.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mavs want to screw us. They are not going anywhere. Dirk is aging.

Cuban knows it. They want to drag us to Cap salary hell to prevent us from signing bigger fishes.

They stay the same Mavs, first round, 2nd round material if they get lucky with matchup.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Sure, but Bosh is a big 'if' at this point. If Bosh doesn't make up his mind in time, I don't want to risk it.

The Mavs screwed the market value on Parsons. He's not worth it to them, but because of their offer, they raised his value to us.

Parsons is not only a good player, he helps our whole team play better together. He was big on recruiting Howard to our team, and is a valuable asset in many ways. If we are going to lose him we better get something really good.