1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, everyone slow down. Is this not exactly what we expected to happen?

Trade Lin, finalize Asik trade, sign Bosh (I guess he will have to take a mil or two less than true max) and then match Parsons. Wasn't this the plan all along?

Worst case scenario, we miss out on Bosh, match Parsons, and still have a few mil of cap room to play with if we deal Lin. Plus the MLE. We are fine guys.

2. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I thought he would be willing to give some more time for Morey to operate. But danm sign first day you're available? I love Chandler but I am not sure i would match. Sign Deng 3 year 32 mil ?

3. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

lol it's time to have two people on the mavs with the name of "chandler"

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Don't blame him going after the money, just wish it wasn't the Mavs. I'm going to have to hate Chandler Parsons by default if he's a Mav next season.

5. Raven

Raven Member

You aren't winning in Dallas, Dirk, not even with One Direction. Come on down to Houston and get a second ring. ;)

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Qualifying Offer was going to be pulled so the Rockets could give the max to Bosh... not any more, that means less than max for Bosh. This isn't the way it was supposed to go... I honestly think that the Rockets will not match.

The Mavericks and Parsons have made it as hard as possible to match... this is really a 2 year 30 million dollar deal with a 15 million dollar insurance policy for the 3rd year AND there is a trade kicker.

Parsons isn't doing Morey any favors with this deal. I can actually see him not being matched.

7. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

After he signs this, he better try to get an extension as soon as possible, or opt in that third year. This is the most he’ll ever make.

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Sign and trade Parsons to the Heat for LeBron and then sign Bosh and call it day.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

According to the blog, it's a "long standing max offer".

10. texansalltheway

Calm down guys, in Morey we trust

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

woj's tweet was a "standing offer". likely an offer made on july 1st.

12. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Parsons outplayed his contract tremendously so him getting paid is justified.....but with Dallas really? Have you not learned anything these past 3 years playing with the Rockets? Come on man keep up, keep up

13. paymon

paymon Member

I guess they wanted to increase CHandler's cap hold by $1Mil, making it a bit tougher to sign Bosh. I think Morey will still get BOsh here, then match CP right at the deadline to **** with the Mavs so they will be without a SF

14. fattz

fattz Member

Only the best to Parsons and his family as a MAV.... 45/3yrs

That is way to much money for him a glue guy (3rd or 4th option). Let him go; let him go.

This maybe / or will become one of the worst contracts in the league in a season or so.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can't blame Parsons but IMO, the Rox should match, there are no players to replace what he brings to the team - no Parsons - no wins.

He gets easy baskets for everyone....is way more valuable than most think.

DD

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Hope Lebron decides quickly so we can act quickly on bosh/parsons!

17. haydenfisher342

YOU cant once parsons signs on the dotted line

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Totally NOT worth 15 million per year if this report is accurate. I know Morey's advanced stats confirm this. Hate to lose him for nothing though.

Benedict Parsons

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Well...this sucks. Here's to a few more years of 1st round exits. Because we just ****ed up this offseason.

20. rocketblood713

LOL lame AF man great now he goes to Dallas where he will hit game winners against us in our own house ..

Lets see what old ass SF they bring in lol