1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

While I understand your perspective, he's just not for me anymore. I used to to actually engage with him on the board (even acknowledged he's a smart guy) but his lin agenda grew old. Haven't noticed too many posts regarding other things but I'm obviously not on here that often.

Neither do I but that's not a realistic comparison. Those are your friends and not some random poster from an internet message board.

2. King1

You have the intelligence of a fire hydrant. He responded to my post not the other way around.

Yeah, that's why he responded to my post with a screen play. Go cry in your Lin snuggie. Lol at a few bums on the internet stressing me out. Try again little fella'

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Augustin is currently (if he can keep up his play from last season) a much more efficient player, better shooter then either Nelson or Brooks, and also a much better defender as well. From the advanced stats, Augustin is even a better defender then Beverley. Augustin's advanced stats are pretty crazy, his win shared and offensive/defensive ratting are very good from the last season he had with the Bulls.

So based off of advanced stats, Augustin is a more efficient scorer and better shooter then Brooks, Lin, Nelson, AND a better defensive player then Beverley and Lin. Maybe it's a fluke season with the bulls or dumb stats, or maybe he'd be a great pickup for MLE if we end up trading Lin.

4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

This.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Insider source: Merry Christmas everybody, we have our big man!

Explanation: Christmas = Noel

Lin for Noel! Thanks Hinkie ;)

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if lebron goes back to the cavs, and bosh comes here via S&T... i think the heat might actually be interested in asik/lin/picks just to try to stay in the playoff picture.

7. jason330i

jason330i Member

haha, it's like crack. you keep coming back to this thread to throw lin snuggie insults around.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL, so now the only way to defend Lin's mediocre to pathetic play for that bloated contract is to write long novels cherry picking stats and making apples to oranges comparison and basically forcing posters into acceptance because majority are not going to read the long drivel.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol he didn't cherry pick anything. He barely even talked about Lin's play if at all. He was basically saying how great Morey is for being able to get a bargain deal by having Lin and Asik for their two cheaper years then not having to pay for their balloon payments and essentially being able to flip them for a superstar.

10. King1

Embarrassing Lin groupies rarely gets old

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Huh? How is it a bargain deal when you have to give up potentially a first rounder to dump Lin?

Asik was a net positive
    Lin a net negative

12. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I would still be cool if dumping Lin can land Bosh or Melo.

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

If you're a 7 foot center and can walk and chew gum at the same time you're worth at least 10 mil. Big men come at a premium because there isn't enough of them who are good. Not saying Asik isn't better than Lin, but it's much easier to yield better assets when there aren't many quality players in the league at your position.

This is probably the golden age of point guards and there's a huge supply of them. Obviously it's much harder to move a mediocre Lin.

When Lin was offered that contract, I said right then that whichever team ends up with him, whether it be the Rockets or the Knicks, it would be very hard to move him after two years because of that balloon payment.

If you look at it from an overall perspective, however, dumping these two balloon payments and getting a superstar is a huge net positive.

14. HardLin

HardLin Member

If you figure Lin was roughly worth $8.3mil/year, then we should package him with $6.6mil to unload him for his last year. I think a future first is worth less than that so we roughly got value for him. And this is all just informed speculation, because we won't know what we have to trade for Lin until it actually happpens.

Lin only looks bad in contrast to the Asik contract, which was obviously a much better deal for the Rockets.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

40 pages so far of anticipating some LIN trade. how many pages as a result of him getting traded?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

SHOCKER! :grin:

Philadelphia is not doing the Stoudemire trade (per Stephen A.)

17. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

18. rokit

rokit Member

19. Chamillionaire

20. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Lin, DMo, and a 1st for Grant and McDaniels?